Surgical Technologist I
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- One (1) year within the last three (3) years operating room scrubbing or equivalent military experience, including a variety of surgical procedures.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- Graduate of an approved surgical technologist or military equivalent program.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Surgical Technologist Certification from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assistants (NBSTSA) and/or National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
- Position requires considerable walking, standing, moderate lifting, exposure to patient elements, and handling of emergencies and patient incidents within their scope of competency.
- Experience requirements may be waived or modified when an appropriate program or course is available and successfully completed.
- Maintains required certifications as applicable.
- Communicates in a clear, concise manner appropriate to the development stage of the patient.
- Has full command of the English language (written and verbal).
- Some positions may be posted as bilingual Spanish required on a position-by-position basis.
- May be expected to float to other areas within their scope of competency.
- Willing to be trained on computer systems.
- This is an on call position, days and hours may vary.
- Work every other weekend
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest