Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Upholds KP's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Transports patients (pre-operative, post-operative, Hemodialysis, etc) by wheel chair or gurney within the medical center.
- Picks up routine and STAT requests for laboratory specimens, blood, equipment, supplies, and other appropriate materials (medical or other) including data reports on regular routes or as required and delivers to appropriate location in hospital facility.
- With an escort by a security officer, transports expired patients to the morgue.
- Picks up soiled patient equipment and supplies from nursing units and transports to central processing.
- Transports equipment from NICU to central processing as requested.
- Performs CPR and responds to code blue pages as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Six (6) months of previous experience in general patient care/hospital transportation.
- HS Diploma/GED preferred.
- Valid CPR certification, if not currently certified, incumbent must receive within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Nursing Aide certification, preferred.
- Valid Class C California driver's license, preferred.
- Current California driver record information sheet, preferred.
- Must have a driving record free of accidents involving the applicant's negligence, preferred.
- Also free of citations w/ forfeit of bail for driving while intoxicated or driving while under the influence of drugs or reckless driving, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written & oral directions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.