Care Coordinator, Inpatient 24/hr
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Minimum two (2) years of acute hospital experience with progressive levels of responsibility.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in a health-care related field or currently enrolled in a BSN program, or four (4) years hospital case management experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Oregon and Washington RN license required. License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within 6 weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within 6 months.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required within 90 days of hire/transfer.
- Demonstrated ability to interrelate with physicians, nurses, support staff, and patients in interdisciplinary approach.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and work as a constant patient advocate.
- Basic physical, psychosocial, functional assessment skills.
- Familiar with care processes and systems in settings internal and external to Kaiser Permanente.
- Familiar with and able to collaborate with Kaiser Permanente and community resources.
- Thorough knowledge of principles of teaching and delegation, physical assessment and care planning, and appropriate utilization of acute hospital, long-term care, and home care resources.
- Able to develop concise and thorough documentation of patient clinical assessment and care needs.
- Highly effective problem solving, written and verbal communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with and ability to use computers.
- Minimum two (2) years of Medical/Surgical, Critical Care, or NICU Nursing.
- Minimum three (3) years of recent experience in one or more of the following areas: Hospital Inpatient Discharge Planning, Community Health, Home Health and/or Utilization Management.
- Certified Case Management (CCM) is preferred upon hire/transfer.
- Knowledge of appropriate utilization of acute hospital and Kaiser Permanente internal resources.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations related to eligibility requirements: hospital, nursing facilities, home health, hospice, and Durable Medical Equipment (DME).
- Demonstrated clinical judgment and customer-focused service skills.
- Knowledge of principles of patient teaching, disease prevention measures, and physical assessment as it relates to the needs of patient and the next level of care.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with physicians, nurses, patients and families.
- Able to type 30 WPM with accuracy.
- Master's degree
- Mon-Sun (Variable)
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.