Certified Nurse Assistant I-Westside Medical Center, Multiple Shifts and Hours AvailableHillsboro, Oregon
As a CNA with Kaiser Permanente, you’ll be the face of the team and play a critical role in patient care. While working closely with nurses, physicians, and therapists, you’ll perform important tasks for your patients that include ensuring patient safety, helping them address hygiene needs, working with compassion, and providing the highest standard of care.
- Job Schedule: Part-time
- Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36
- Shift: Day
We’re looking for CNAs who possess the following traits.
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
We offer five benefits to our CNA team.
Medical, Vision, and Dental
Generous Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Leave
Pension and Retirement Plans
Tuition Reimbursement & Educational Opportunities
Every day, our team works toward providing the best quality care for each patient. As a CNA, you’ll provide dedicated, patient-centered care while helping to maintain patient comfort and improving quality of life. Every step of the way, you’ll have the support and direct supervision of a registered nurse. You’ll also play a key role in our goal to increase efficiency. We’re a team dedicated to providing the best care, from the moment a member walks in our doors till the moment they are safely discharged.
What Our People Are Saying
“Working for Kaiser Permanente is very rewarding. We have a great staff, and everyone makes me feel at home. I’m a student, and my team has been extremely supportive, and we earn awesome benefits.”
“Kaiser Permanente allowed me to grow in a rewarding field, with respect and support from leadership.”
“This has been an amazing organization to be a part of. Everyone on the team shares the same goal of genuinely caring for people. We all have a feeling of accomplishment and reward in having helped so many.”
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has been a blessing. They’ve supported me in furthering my education offering great opportunities and benefits. I also work alongside a great team of nurses.”
“I like working at Kaiser Permanente. I’ve been with the team for 5+ years and I can proudly say this is more than just a job — it’s my family.”
Certified Nurse Assistant I-Westside Medical Center, Multiple Shifts and Hours Available
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
An All-Inclusive Opportunity!
To optimize your experience applying to a job at Kaiser Permanente we have created a unique and easy all-inclusive process to apply for open career opportunities in this specific specialty relevant to your work experience and interests.
So, what is next?
You apply to this single posting, which represents an array of full-time, part-time, and on-call/per-diem opportunities – including all shifts and schedules. If you are interested in other locations, please search for those unique postings on our careers site separately.
Allow our Talent Team to find a suitable job match to what you are looking for.
Our talent team will coach you through every step of the hiring process.
We have a team of managers dedicated to review on the spot submissions for an expedited hiring experience.
See what it’s all about, submit your interest today!!
The Certified Nurse Assistant One works as a member of the nursing team under the direct and indirect supervision of the Registered Nurse. The CNA 1 assists in the provision of basic patient care as dictated by comfort and safety and in accordance with identified training and certification.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization records and information.
- Takes responsibility to keep informed of Departmental communications.
- Coordinate with the Charge RN/ Supervising RN provide appropriate coverage when leaving the unit.
- Obtains assignments from charge nurse/Supervising RN and reports to the RN the status of assignments at regular intervals during shift.
- Notifies Charge RN/Supervising RN and reports to the RN the status of assignments at regular intervals during shift
- Communicates patient care information so that standards of care are maintained.
- Communicates with patient, family, and other staff in professional, respectful, and courteous manner.
- Provide assistance to members or connects member with appropriate person as needed.
- Safe Practice Standard of Performance
- Maintains safety in use of all equipment.
- Operates and maintains equipment according to manufacturers instructions and hospital policy.
- Reports need for repair, removes and tags defective equipment and initiates repair request according to policy and procedure.
- Identifies patients by checking identification band prior to performing duties.
- Handles all hazardous waste in compliance with HazCom regulations.
- Handles all infectious waste in compliance with Infection Control standards.
- Performs appropriate role during Codes
- Delivers all services in a manner which promotes patient comfort and safety.
- Assists patient(s) and team members in safely lifting, transferring, turning, positioning ambulating and transporting.
- Assists in the application of safety devices as assigned by the RN.
- Performs delegated tasks as defined in the CNA1Scope of Duties:
- Accurately measures and records vital signs and reports abnormal findings immediately to the supervising RN.
- Collects and transports specimens when necessary.
- Documents completion of delegated tasks on designated chart forms.
- Reports observed change of patient condition to supervising RN.
- Maintains safe, and comfortable environment for patients
- Completes tasks in an efficient and timely manner as assigned.
- Collaborates with supervising RN to prioritize tasks according to situation and total assignment.
- Remains adaptable to changes in the work environment and related assignments.
- Must have completed a basic nursing assistant training program approved by the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Nursing Assistant Certificate - Level 1 (Oregon)
- Basic Life Support
- Physical Requirements:
- Lifting and carrying:
- 1. Able to lift and carry at least 40 pounds.
- 2. May assist in the movement of patients and/or equipment whose weight may range form 100-300 pounds.
- Bending: able to bend up to 60 times per shift, at both the waist and knees.
- Walking: able to stand and/or walk for entire shift. Able to walk a distance of three to five miles during course of a shift.
- Able to push/pull weights 100 to 300 pounds with assistance.
- Standing: able to stand six to eight hours per shift.
- BLS w/AED Certification
- Note: Employees are required to follow all prescribed safety precautions and procedures in order to avoid accidents or exposure to illness.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
More From Kaiser Permanente
Northwest Health Care Careers
Play a role in shaping care while also enjoying opportunities to grow your skills and career. Along the way, you'll earn benefits and compensation that are unmatched in the area.
In our patient-centered, healing environment you'll work with true health experts every day. Join us, and enjoy support, innovative tools, and opportunities to grow your skills and your career.
Delivering an extraordinary level of care to our patients
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.