The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Certified Nurse Midwife, On-Call (Beaverton)Location: Hillsboro, OR Additional Locations:
Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center 10180 SE Sunnyside, 10180 SE Sunnyside Rd., Clackamas,Oregon, 97015 Job Number: 792298 Date posted: 05/03/2019
- Provide high quality health care through direct primary care management of ambulatory GYN patients, ambulatory prenatal patients, laboring/birthing patients in the hospital, and hospitalized postpartum patients (may include assessment, diagnosis, development/implementation of care plan, and follow up).
- Document in writing all care in patient's permanent medical record in accordance with accepted medical/legal standards.
- Provide all medical care in accordance with accepted practice standards, hospital/clinic protocols (including supervision by a physician), and state licensing guidelines.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- One (1) year of experience as a full scope CNM (Intrapartum, Antepartum, Postpartum, GYN Care.)
- Degree in nurse midwifery.
- Completion of approved nurse midwifery program required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Current NP/CNM License OR and WA.
- Current Oregon and Washington RN license required. License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within 2 weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within 6 months.
- State prescription privileges.
- Hospital privileges.
- Two (2) - Five (5) years of experience in full scope practice as CNM (Intrapartum, Antepartum, Postpartum, GYN care.)
- Thorough and working knowledge in primary care of ambulatory or hospitalized prenatal, intranatal, postnatal and GYN patients.
- Working knowledge of state health care laws, medical/legal principles, and licensing regulations.
- Ability to provide primary OB/GYN care to ambulatory and laboring/birthing patients.
- Ability to use appropriate procedural/testing equipment, to see large volume of patients, and to interface with large provider and support staff.
- Delivery skills required.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.