ALERT: Our job submission platform will undergo required maintenance from Friday, April 27 at 6 p.m. until Saturday, April 28 at 6 a.m. During this time there will be no ability to submit interest to open positions, complete pending applications, or access individual profiles. We expect these functions to be fully restored shortly after 6 a.m. on Saturday. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Supporting Total Health
Good nutrition is vital to supporting and maintaining total body wellness. Whether you're a registered dietitian, a nutritionist, or a food services professional, you'll promote our mission and spread good health through good nutrition when you join our team.
COOK I (On-Call) WMC- Hillsboro,ORLocation: Hillsboro, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 702654 Date posted: 05/17/2018
- Slice, prepare, mix, and/or whip cold and hot foods as appropriate and in compliance with department standards.
- Prepare salads and deli-bars, wraps and sandwiches for grab and go and catering.
- Grill, bake, and/or steam food items for employee meals, special patient needs, and/or catering.
- Prepare made to order salads as requested.
- Prepare homemade bulk salads.
- Follow recipes and maintain portion control.
- Gather the appropriate quantities of food stuffs from storage areas for preparation of appropriate meal.
- Organize and maintain food in galley refrigerators and freezers.
- Collect money and make change for guests in the absence of Cashier (at the cash register) for emergency cases only.
- Serve meals to guests in a courteous, pleasant manner.
- Notify manager or lead person of food supply needs and any equipment that needs repair.
- Complete cleaning assignments according to daily and weekly schedule and dishwashing as needed.
- Receive verify deliveries as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Obtain and maintain any required federal, state or country health certificates.
- Follows appropriate policies and procedures for use of time in work environment, including absenteeism and tardiness.
- Monitors and takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences,
- Returns promptly from breaks and schedules them in concert with co-workers to provide appropriate coverage of unit and client care activities.
- Consistently on time and ready to work at the start of shift as well as assignments completed at end of shift.
- Maintains confidentiality of al client and organizational records.
- Releases information according to established policy/procedure
- Demonstrates a positive attitude while at the work site.
- Does not conduct personal conversations when members are waiting for service.
- Does not discuss other staff members, organization, or medical care in public areas.
- Identifies self by utilizing name tags and verbally introducing self by name, title and/or department.
- Addresses members by their proper titles and last name.
- Provides assistance to customers or connect customers to appropriate person when needed.
- Applies the same courtesy standards to customers on the telephone as in person.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Must possess experience and knowledge of sandwich and breakfast grill items preparation.
- Ability and experience working cooperatively in small work groups.
- Must have effective oral communications skills, be able to write legibly, read, and follow written instructions; have a basic understanding of mathematics.
- Understand how to operate food service equipment.
- Capable of working under indirect supervision and able to use sound judgment in minor decision-making.
- Able to organize work to meet needs of customer in a timely manner.
- Customer service skills preferred.
About Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Whether you're supporting the health of our members, employees, or communities, the work you do supports our proactive approach to health. Opportunities exist in outpatient and inpatient care, health education, menu planning, food preparation, and more. In many of these roles, you may find yourself counseling members and community groups on their nutritional practices and educating them on how the right diet can help prevent disease and promote health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.