CT Technologist- 40 hours
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Performing diagnostic procedures, using knowledge, skills and abilities required for age of patient served to include: routine, emergent, biopsy, and/or special procedure examinations in accordance with department policies and procedures. Communicate all necessary information to other members of the health care team. Provides service-orientated communication with the patient; explaining procedure; answering questions. Applies appropriate measures (ALARA principles) for minimizing radiation exposure.
- File work/Reception/computer including PACs functions. Administering contrast media as directed, in accordance with all policies and procedures. Protocol exams according to established departmental directives. Assist with screening patients for contraindications.
- Quality Assurance functions and troubleshoot equipment. Restocking supplies/cleaning. Maintains general order and cleanliness of room assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Assist with patient transport as needed. Reports equipment malfunctions appropriately. Participate in on-call or standby schedule as assigned.
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a CT technologist within the past 2 years or minimum six (6) months experience in an acute hospital setting within the last year.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- Associates degree or higher in Radiologic Science or related field.
- Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist License (Oregon) required at hire OR Registered Radiologic Technologist (Washington) required at hire
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certificate - Computed Tomography required at hire
- Radiologic Technologist Certification required at hire from American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Basic Life Support within 1 months of hire
- IV Certification will be obtained annually.
- Proof of continuing education.
- Mandatory Infection control education and training will occur on an annual basis. Knowledge and skills in Infection Control shall be evaluated annually on an oral or written bases per KPNW policy and/or requirements.
- Demonstrates customer-focused service skills.
- Ability to use and apply excellent communication and interpersonal skills with peers and administration.
- Performs all functions at a high level of competence without direct supervision.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Prior CT work experience using helical and/or multi-detector technology.
- Attendance at CT and cross-sectional anatomy courses.
- Bachelors degree in Radiologic Science.
- Organizational skills, time management, prioritization, planning; attention to detail; problem solving, decision making, judgment; technical skills; initiative; communication, interpersonal skills, customer relations, organizational relations; adaptability; flexibility.
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy.
- Knowledge of Policies and Procedures.
$10, 000 Sign-on Bonus eligible position!