Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Responds to and resolves emergency maintenance calls.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on plant equipment, physical structure and associated equipment, including mechanical, electrical repairs and other duties relating to facility maintenance.
- Performs watch standing activities on physical plant equipment, including chemical analysis and treatment.
- Checks and replenishes supplies of fuel, materials, maintenance supplies, and repair parts.
- Performs fire and life safety inspections, and maintains appropriate records.
- Properly identifies and documents work which needs to be performed on equipment.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of work performed.
- Evaluates building equipment and systems; recommends changes, additions or deletions.
- Assists with new building or expansion start-ups when needed.
- Assists with snow and ice removal when needed.
- Performs building maintenance, repairs as required.
- Performs building inspections and equipment safety testing as required.
- Performs all related tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Manager or the Chief Engineer, or their designee.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and clear communication both verbal and written.
- Journeyman Stationary Engineer or five (5) years experience in HVAC, plumbing, electrical maintenance and repair.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Limited Maintenance Electrician License (Oregon) within 3 months of hire
- Refrigerator Piping Installers Certificate within 3 months of hire
- Universal Chlorofluorocarbons Certificate within 3 months of hire
- Able to use all tools of the trade.
- Able to read and interpret wiring schematics and blueprints.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Able to maintain high quality standards in a health care environment.
- Able to complete written documentation of all assigned work.
- Able to operate personal computers write basic building automation programs.
- Able to read/interpret blueprints.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest