Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Environmental Services Supervisor (Tanasbourne)Location: Hillsboro, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 740808 Date posted: 10/11/2018
- Supervises staff. Hires, terminates, and issues corrective action. Oversees and manages staff performance in several locations in order to achieve quality standards, assure compliance with department and organization policies and procedures, and labor agreements. Maintain staffing necessary to achieve established service levels.
- Manages finances within budget allocations. Looks for opportunities to reduce cost; actively seeks opportunities to save cost and rolls this accountability down to the front line staff. Actively manages attendance and performance to maximize cost efficiency. Manages and maintains inventory of supplies and linen within established par levels actively adjusting as needed to meet both customer need and actual utilization.
- Performs inspections with assigned EVS staff in order to evaluate/monitor performance, customer satisfaction, and compliance with infection control and OSHA requirements. Ensures general inspections are completed routinely and formal inspections are completed monthly in all assigned buildings/areas. Meets with Building Managers and key customers to insure satisfaction with service provided.
- Coordinates services with contract vendors/providers.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State, Local laws/regulations and licensure/accreditation standards (JCAHO).
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory/leadership experience.
- Experience in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Demonstrated experience building a strong culture of teamwork and service excellence.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid driver's license.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong teams with a high service ethic within a diverse workforce.
- Working knowledge of; industry standards, hazardous/medical waste management, infection control techniques, sanitation protocols, appropriate cleaning methods, systems and equipment related to Environmental Services Operations.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Supervisory skills, including interviewing, organizing, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Customer focused with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to travel to multiple locations throughout the service area.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience as a supervisor/manager.
- Experience providing EVS services in a health care setting.
- Experience with budget management and reporting preferred.
- Experience managing staff in multiple locations preferred.
- Experience maintaining work hour / payroll records preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
- Certificate in Supervision or an equivalent combination of knowledge and experience preferred.
- Certification from ASHES (American Society for Healthcare Environmental Services) or other equivalent organization preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish/other language commonly spoken in communities served by KPNW preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of infection control, sanitation, and cleaning methods applicable to a health care environment preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of floor care/cleaning industry standards preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Lotus Notes and Power Point preferred.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.