Supporting Total Health
Good nutrition is vital to supporting and maintaining total body wellness. Whether you're a registered dietitian, a nutritionist, or a food services professional, you'll promote our mission and spread good health through good nutrition when you join our team.
Hospitality Aide (on-call)Location: Hillsboro, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 831798 Date posted: 12/02/2019
Under the direction of the Department Manager or Supervisor, coordinates various meal production tasks in all areas of the department, according to hospital and state quality and sanitary standards.
- Set up service area prior to meal periods.
- Accurately fill customer orders.
- Serve meals to guests in a courteous pleasant manner
- Maintain sanitary standards in food preparation, service and dining areas.
- Adhere to cleaning assignments.
- Apply proper food handling principles and techniques to maintain standards of food quality.
- Collect money & make change for cafeteria patrons.
- Maintain cash in accordance department procedures.
- Complete appropriate records and make drops in safe.
- Assemble and deliver individual or quantity food orders and supplies to customers.
- Remove service items and deliver to dish room.
- Transport or pick up food products to designated areas.
- Safeguard KP assets through the use of proper security.
- Using appropriate weight and volume or cutting utensils, individually portions cold food for quest consumption.
- Label and dates all prepared items
- Manages inventory through appropriate stocking assigned areas to established par levels.
- Rotate stock so that new items are used last (FIFO)
- Discards outdated items after recording on usage sheet.
- Perform dishwashing duties as necessary.
- Notify Supervisor of equipment needing repair or maintenance and/or special patient food or supplies needed.
- Maintain good interpersonal relationship with members, staff and other departments.
- Observe and maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures of department and facility.
- Use telephone standards as defined in Service Behavior Standards, answer telephone, receiving and distributing messages to appropriate members of the department.
- Actively participates in UBT performance improvement projects
- Supports sustainability efforts of the Food & Nutrition department by participating fully in recycling programs.
- Perform other duties as determined by supervisor that is directly related to job.
- EXPECTED SERVICE BEHAVIOR STANDARDS:
- Follows appropriate policies and procedures for use of time in work environment, including absenteeism and tardiness.
- Monitors and takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences,
- Returns promptly from breaks and schedules them in concert with co-workers to provide appropriate coverage of department and guest care activities.
- Consistently on time and ready to work at the start of shift as well as assignments completed at end of shift.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client and organizational records.
- Releases information according to established policy/procedure.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude while at the work site.
- Does not conduct personal conversations when members are waiting for service.
- Does not discuss other staff members, organization, or medical care in public areas.
- Identifies self by utilizing name tags and verbally introducing self by name, title and/or department.
- Addresses members by their proper titles and last name.
- Provides assistance to customers or connect customers to appropriate person when needed.
- Applies the same courtesy standards to customers on the telephone as in person.
- Customer service experience of 12 months or more in a restaurant/institutional food service or diet office.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current Food Handler's Card - within one (1) week of hire.
- Functions well in a self-directed team environment.
- Must have effective oral communications skills, be able to write legibly, read and follow written instructions.
- Must demonstrate ability to organize and perform work without close supervision.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrated adaptability to changes in work environment and related assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, problem-solve and negotiate with multiple levels of visitors, staff and patients.
- Eighteen (18) months of restaurant/institutional food service or diet office preferred.
- Experience in a Room service environment preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills preferred.
- Operation of standard kitchen appliances preferred.
- Knowledge of cash registers preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Whether you're supporting the health of our members, employees, or communities, the work you do supports our proactive approach to health. Opportunities exist in outpatient and inpatient care, health education, menu planning, food preparation, and more. In many of these roles, you may find yourself counseling members and community groups on their nutritional practices and educating them on how the right diet can help prevent disease and promote health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.