Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Housekeeping Aide (Temporary)Location: Hillsboro, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 783448 Date posted: 04/15/2019
- Sanitize and polish sinks, mirrors, tubs and similar equipment.
- Replenish supplies of soap, towels and other dispensable items.
- Strip, wash and make beds in prescribed manner following correct discharge procedures.
- Collect soiled linen and transport to appropriate storage area.
- Empty waste baskets and ashtrays and arrange furniture in an orderly manner.
- Collect trash and infectious waste and dispose properly.
- Move furniture, supplies and miscellaneous related items.
- Clean mirrors, ledges, vents, light fixtures, fire extinguisher, cabinets, baseboards, bathroom fixtures and corners.
- Vacuum carpets and dust blinds.
- Spot and steam clean carpets.
- Refinish tile floors.
- Steam clean beds, stretchers and gurneys, and other rolling-stock equipment as assigned.
- Report mechanical failures and negative conditions as observed.
- At the end of shift, return unused supplies to utility rooms, leave soiled linen and trash in designated areas and clean cart and equipment.
- Follow established infection control protocol in terms of observing universal precautions and isolation cleaning procedures.
- Identify safety issues and report them as soon as possible to their immediate supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Housekeeping (environmental hygiene) experience.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be able to understand oral & written communication
- Able to stand and walk majority of shift, and ability to lift, bend, reach and twist repetitively.
- Able to lift 35 pounds frequently, 60 pounds occasionally, and push carts weighing up to 350 lbs.
- Commercial/Medical housekeeping experience.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.