Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
Neuropsychologist - Outpatient MHLocation: Hillsboro, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 860605 Date posted: 01/29/2020
- Provide high quality health care through direct assessment, diagnosis and formulation/implementation of treatment plan for mental health patients (may include treatment of psychosis, depression, anxiety, etc.). Document in writing all care in patient's permanent medical record in accordance with accepted medical/legal standards. Provide all treatment in accordance with accepted practice standards, hospital/clinic protocols (including supervision by a physician), and state licensing guidelines.
- Provide case management through appropriate triaging and referrals, consultation with other providers, telephone contact with patients and their families, and contact with outside agencies. Perform other duties as requested.
- One (1) year of clinical experience.
- Doctoral degree required (Ph.D., Psy. D.).
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Oregon AND Washington Psychologist license required. License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within 2 weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within 6 months.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to employment start date.
- Experience scoring testing protocols, interpret results, write comprehensive reports, and review summary with patients and referral sources.
- Experience evaluating children, adults, and geriatric patients.
- Thorough and working knowledge of brief therapy techniques and principles, individual and group therapy techniques and principles, and child and adult techniques and principles.
- Working knowledge of legal requirements for confidentiality, child abuse, homicidal threats and psychiatric hospitalization reporting.
- Ability to assess, diagnose and treat child and adult mental health patients.
- Individual, couple, family and group therapy skills required.
- Ability to use appropriate procedural/testing equipment, to see large volume of patients, and to interface with large provider and support staff.
- Two (2) or more years of clinical experience.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Backed by a committed interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, you'll provide high-quality treatment for patients with behavioral health and/or bio-psychological concerns, including those in psychological crisis.
With the strength of our network at your fingertips, you'll be sure your patients receive prompt, appropriate referrals across our organization with no barriers to the continuity of care. Opportunities and specialty settings range from substance abuse to social work and autism to eating disorders.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Case Managers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Addiction Medicine/Chemical Dependency
- Chronic Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Employee Assistance
- Help Line/Psychiatric Call Center
- Home Health
- Medical Social Work
- Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Emergency Team (PET)
- Psychiatry (Adult, Adolescent & Child)
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.