Licensed Nurses & Physician Assistants
The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
RN, Emergency Department ($5000 Sign On Bonus)Location: Hillsboro, OR Job Number: 888704 Date posted: 08/11/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Identifies deviations from normal on routine lab diagnostic tests.
- Reassesses patient throughout hospitalization.
- Performs complete discharge assessment.
- Develops an individual nursing plan of care.
- Nursing plan of care is sensitive to the developmental needs of the patient.
- Coordinates patient care activities and discharge planning with other hospital and clinic departments and community agencies.
- Develops patient teaching plan and documents on care plan or teaching plan.
- Appropriately delegates patient care activities based on patient's condition and scope of practice of other health care providers.
- Establishes priorities for patient care.
- Classifies acuity level of assigned patients.
- Initiates appropriate measures based on protocol for the management of the medical and/or surgical patient.
- Bases nursing care on protocol in place for management of each patient.
- Correctly carries out the physician's plan of care.
- Accurately documents in the EMR.
- Documents care according to policy and procedure.
- Utilizes a multidisciplinary approach when appropriate.
- Performs all necessary procedures correctly.
- Utilizes available teaching plans in addressing patient teaching needs.
- Accurately calculates and administers medications.
- Initiates appropriate measures in emergency situations.
- Evaluates assessment methods, plan of care, and patient's response to treatment.
- Participates in unit quality assurance activities.
- Nine (9) months of RN experience.
- One (1) year of current ED experience or successful completion of the Kaiser Permanente New Grad Internship Program in the ED.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Current Oregon or Washington RN license in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer.
- PALS or ENPC within six (6) months of hire/transfer.
- Computer keyboarding skills.
- BSN preferred.
- CEN preferred.
- TNCC preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and interpret cardiac dysrhythmias preferred.
- A desire and ability to function within the nursing process preferred.
- A desire and ability to function within professional and personnel standards as defined.
- Ability to use and apply effective communication and interpersonal relationship skills preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!