Support Agent - RTMC
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Answers all incoming calls to RTMC. Performs intake and triages information, directs all calls to the appropriate resources, including RTMC MD, Virtual Hospitalist Case Managers, and Mobile Health Partners program. Document all phases of patient transfers, referrals, critical labs and urgent appoints per protocol.
- Coordinates all ED transfers, inpatient bed placement and ambulance transport. Interfaces with Hospital HAS, PFC, bed board and Physicians to assess the hospital capacity and ability to accept the patient. Coordinates MD to MD consults for hospital admissions and transfers.
- Coordinates and tracks all patient ED visits and internalize appropriate repatriations under current protocols (Premanage, HOSCAP, etc.).
- Participates and assists with internal quality assurances, insurance verification, chart reviews and data entry.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of all departmental policies and procedures as well as key hospital operations and emergency transport resources (such as Rotor wing, fixed wing, Critical Care Teams). Maintains awareness of community services and capacity of outside medical and hospital systems.
- Assist with other RTMC duties as needed.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working as an EMT or Paramedic.
- Oregon, Washington or National certification as an EMT - Intermediate or EMT - Paramedic in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer. Experience within the last year as a KPNW RTMC Support Agent may substitute for required certification. Post hire into Support Agent Position, maintenance of the EMT Certification is optional.
- Excellent inter-personal and oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking ability.
- Effective in conflict resolution and team building.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working at Kaiser Permanente.
- Proficient in MS office programs, to include Word, Excel, and Access.
- Monday-Sunday variable days of week, holidays and weekends On Call