Surgical Technologist - Westside
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Participates with the Health Care Team in delivering quality health care to patients in a manner which reflects Kaiser Permanentes mission, vision, and values while supporting the Labor Management Partnership (LMP) principles and practice. Participates in creating a high-performance culture based on a joint decision making process in accordance with the Labor Management Partnership Vision Reaffirmation and Understandings Booklet. Provides support and assistance to the patient and Health Care team to promote population-based care, continuity of care, customer satisfaction, and self-care. Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills with a caring, courteous, flexible, supportive, respectful, open minded, appreciative attitude that is committed to a team environment. The Surgical Technologist performs in the scrub role during surgical procedures and coordinates other activities with other OR professionals.
- Practice standards of performance: Complies with shift, unit and organizational policies and procedures including reliability and attendance standards. Monitors and takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences. Returns promptly from breaks and schedules them to provide adequate coverage. Restricts personal business to non-patient care areas during break times. Complies with Kaisers Time Keeping Policy to accurately reflect productive time worked. Takes responsibility to keep informed of organizational policies and current information as provided by employer through multiple avenues. Complies with contractual responsibilities related to work schedule. Participates in unit Quality Assurance Programs. Maintains current knowledge and skill base with personal commitment to continuous learning and professional development. Utilizes professional communication techniques. Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organizational records. (HIPPA Standards). Promotes collaboration and professional interaction with the health care team. Promotes professional conduct, knows and complies with department Standards of Behavior. (group norms) Promotes and utilizes professional communication techniques. Attends inservices related to job description as appropriate. Demonstrates awareness of new concepts and skills. Attends and constructively participates in staff meetings. Demonstrates awareness of new information posted in the communication notebook.
- Assessment Standard of Performance: Communicates information so that continuity of care is maintained. Communicates with patient, family and other staff in a professional and courteous manner. Obtains and demonstrates the skills and knowledge needed to provide appropriate population based and culturally sensitive care to patients and families through education, training and experience. Participates in accurate pre-operative briefing and time out. Provides continuous reassessment through the intra operative period.
- Planning Standard of Performance: Utilizes knowledge of type of procedure to plan for appropriate set up. Obtains and demonstrates the skills and knowledge needed to provide age appropriate care to patients through education, training and experience.
- Implementation Standard of Performance: Initiates appropriate measures based on protocol for the management of the intra- operative patient. Applies principles of aseptic technique. Evaluates sterile packs and supplies. Provides a well organized sterile area. Is aware of procedures progression and anticipates the needs of the team, observing sterile technique at all times. Performs all necessary procedures correctly to ensure patient safety intra operatively. Applies and assists with the principles of correct body alignment in positioning and transferring patients. Examines unused equipment and instruments for gross contamination and transports covered used instruments to utility room. Responsible for sterile core activities, able to prioritize duties: Completion of picking case carts, restocking, reordering supplies as needed, assisting with O.R. room needs as necessary. Assists with appropriate measures in emergency situations. Works in conjunction with Circulator in preparation for the next scheduled case. Initiates and facilitates room turnovers: Light housekeeping duties, procurement of equipment, supplies and X-Rays. Restocking of unused supplies and equipment. Participates in the reprocessing process.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Surgical Technology.
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Surgical Technologist Certificate required at hire
- Knowledge of sterile core area.
- Knowledge of sterile technique; operating room procedures and equipment; dexterity with hands; effective relationships with people; ability to exercise good judgment and discipline.
- Able to follow instruction.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of scrubbing experience in all surgical procedures in inpatient or ambulatory O.R. setting.
- Ability to rotate through sterile core area.
- Clean and reprocess instruments, stock supplies, and pick case carts.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest