Technician, Materials II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Provide inventory expertise:Review usage statistics via on-line system and reports to identify supply utilization, use analytical skills to set and maintain appropriate inventory levels, advise customers of inventory trends and negotiate with department coordinators to promote cost effective inventory management. Act as liaison with customers for all MSD services, determine needs and select appropriate course of action to fulfill their supply needs. Obtain appropriate signature per SOX requirements and in accordance with policy 1C (DOA).
- Process orders:Prepare and enter routine replenishment orders on line, review status of orders, work with appropriate parties to expedite needs.
- Supply Replenishment: Inventory, pick, receive, inspect, store and distribute approved supplies according to established guidelines. Process returns and report picking errors within 2 days, Obtain appropriate signatures per SOX requirements and within accordance with UCOA policy 1C (DOA). Perform recycling functions: process goods for recycling (batteries, toners, etc), process and prepare surplus property for ship outs and deliver inbound to customers. Fill Supply orders. Accurately interpret and fill customer orders requested via phone, fax, requisition or picklist. Access to medication rooms without escort of Pharmacy staff to perform inventory and replenishment responsibilities.
- Perform Administrative duties: Including inventory maintenance (RAP), reprinting and updating inventory books, updating voicemail(s) daily, respond to emails and maintenance of email account, filing according to standard operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor in support of customers or department operations.
- Minimum two (2) years of inventory control experience.
- Minimum one (1) year materials handling experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a Tech I position for a minimum of six (6) months.
- Demonstrated ability to work with indirect supervision.
- Record of good attendance.
- Demonstrated customer-focused service skills.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated PC Proficiency including data entry, email, spreadsheets and word documents.
- Demonstrated adaptability to changes in work environment and related assignments.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to maintain a mature problem solving attitude while dealing with interpersonal conflict, hazardous conditions, hostility or time demands.
- Demonstrated effective time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with multiple levels of staff.
- Able to lift fifty (50) - sixty five (65) pounds routinely and carry distances of one hundred (100) ft or less.
- Able to push a cart weighing up to three hundred fifty (350) lbs.
- Must be able to life/stoop/bend repeatedly during an eight (8) hour shift.
- Two (2) years of experience equivalent Materials Management/ Supply Chain experience.
- Two (2) years of customer service.
- Medical Terminology.
- Knowledge of Kaiser Permanente System.
- Medical supply familiarity.
- Knowledge of hospital supply distribution.
- Working knowledge of safety policy and procedures.
- Organizational skills.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest