LPN - Primary Care
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Kaiser Permanente (KP) nurses advance the art and science of nursing through clinical and service excellence, professionalism, and leadership. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides support for team and provider(s) during facility encounters. Manages patient traffic flow. Performs follow-up care per provider instructions and in accordance with scope of practice. Assists with patient education. Documents clinical information into the medical record.
- Prepares patient for exams by reviewing history, collecting current information and appropriate vital signs, documenting in the medical record according to guidelines.
- Addresses POE Care Gaps and schedule appointments when appropriate.
- Verify all current medications and pend refill medications needed for provider signature.
- Review, verify, and update allergies, smoking, and tobacco history.
- Provides intervention ordered by practitioner (e.g., medication, dressings, specimen collections, irrigations, suture removals, and IVs) and documents patient response.
- Prepares room and equipment for procedures and assist physician as needed.
- Assist with monitoring and management of patient and physician electronic messages as delegated by the RN and within scope of practice.
- Educates patient and provides preparation materials for diagnostic studies according to guidelines.
- Schedules appointments for patients with lab, radiology, consults, and follow-up appointments as ordered by practitioner.
- Effectively provides preventative and ongoing health education to patients and family members.
- Resolves patient concerns promptly.
- Participates in emergency care, as necessary, and as directed by physician or registered nurse.
- Maintains department Quality Improvement standards.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing (LPN/LVN) program.
- Practical Nurse License (Georgia) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire from American Heart Association
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment.
- Health care experience preferred.
- Customer service aptitude demonstrated through Customer Service Assessment.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest