Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
AccountantLocation: Honolulu, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 800248 Date posted: 06/18/2019
- Gathers, analyzes, compiles, records and prepares data and information for a wide variety of statistical and accounting reports and studies.
- Develops, implements and maintains chart of accounts, procedures, and effective reporting systems.
- Ensures compliance with regional policies, accepted accounting principles and governmental regulations.
- Participates in maintenance and upgrades to accounting systems.
- Trains users. Assists in development of microcomputer applications.
- Plans and conducts analysis of work flow and system functions.
- Determines and develops required system modifications or changes in user processes.
- Minimum three (3) years of general ledger, accounts payable, fixed assets, finance, or related experience or related equivalent education.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial data collection, processing, and reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in conflict resolution, results orientation, decision making, customer service, influence, negotiation, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, analytical, quality management, systems thinking, teamwork, written communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet and database PC applications.
- Master's degree in business administration or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) by the Department of Commerce & Consumer Affairs.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.