Assistant Manager Emergency Services Department RN (Honolulu)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Practices clinical and leadership skills.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations and delivery of emergency nursing and patient care services including clinical practice standards, staffing, scheduling, safety/risk management, payroll, human resources, labor relations, budgets, quality management/ improvement.
- Collaborates with leadership and peers to develop, implement, review, and revise standards, policies, and procedures according to national standards, department policies, and accreditation standards.
- Ensures that the highest quality of care is provided that complies with the Nursing Practice Act, TJC, federal, state and local regulatory requirements, established departmental policies/procedures and standards, as well as with utilization and clinical/performance standards and measures.
- Evaluates/monitors and improves quality of service and utilization standards and responsible for coordinating/providing patient care that meets member, physician/provider, and internal clients needs across the continuum of care.
- Investigates, recommends and implements/evaluates processes/practices to improve systems and patient care.
- Monitors, improves and evaluates the performance of assigned staff; develops staff; counsels staff regarding performance issues; resolves human resources and labor relations issues; responsible on the first level for hiring, termination, discipline, promotion and demotion.
- Ensures staff development. Collaborates with Clinical Education staff to meet identified core and unit focused competencies. Ensures staff completion of mandatory training according to nursing policy. Monitors and asseses competencies.
- Collaborates with other managers and departments in developing appropriate levels of services; measuring and improving internal and external customer satisfaction; meeting access demands and service needs; improving the cost structure.
- Investigates and resolves patient/family/member concerns regarding patient care and service quality.
- Monitors and expedites patient care as indicated by patient condition; assigns patients to staff as indicated by acuity.
- Develops and implements plans/projects to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Monitors and reports status and progress to supervisor.
- Maintains safe environment. Tracks status of identified problems or areas of non-compliance to ensure effectiveness of corrective action.
- Performs patient care to the extent necessary to maintain clinical expertise, competency and licensing necessary to fulfil job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the unit.
- Provides direct patient care on an as needed basis. Provides services that are within scope of license and in compliance with all legal, regulatory, and policy requirements relevant to clinical role performed.
- Incorporates the KP Nursing Vision, Model and Values throughout their Nursing Practice.
- In collaboration with the Nurse Manager and as appropriate: hires, trains, supervises, counsels, disciplines, and terminates assigned staff as appropriate.
- Communicates goals, objectives, accountabilities, priorities, and authority parameters to assigned staff.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience in emergency or critical care nursing services including one (1) year of management, supervisory or *leadership experience.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing or four (4) years of experience in a directly related field required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii) required at hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- *Leadership experience will be permissible for Kaiser Permanente internal applicants only and is defined by the following criteria: Demonstrated clinical nursing leadership as a Charge/Senior RN, participation on professional committees inclusive of UBTs, National Certification in Specialty, and/or demonstrated experiential exposure to Nursing Leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the Nurse Practice Act, TJC, EMTALA and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Emergency Nursing Certificate preferred.