Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
BuyerLocation: Honolulu, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 791378 Date posted: 05/08/2019
Purchases items, materials, or services of a non-technical, technical, or specialized nature. Fills purchasing requests which are customized according to needs/specifications that detail in technical terms required physical, chemical, or other properties. Negotiates contracts and ensures compliance with related regulations and policies.
- Edits requisitions. Confers with issuing department regarding requirements, specifications, quantity, and quality of merchandise and delivery schedules. Places orders with wholesaler/vendor and/or sales representative.
- Performs follow-up and expedition activities to ensure on-time delivery.
- Researches sources for equipment and services needed. Solicits and analyzes quotes for new or nonstandard equipment and services.
- Ensures all purchases comply with government regulations, accepted trade practices, and medical care standards. Negotiates terms, agreements, and contracts with vendor.
- Interviews vendors. Obtains information on market changes and trends, new or changed products, and new uses. Renews and maintains contract.
- Audits and approves purchase orders and vendor invoices.
- Negotiates adjustments involving replacement of items not conforming to purchase specifications and ensures appropriate credit is received.
- Coordinates with supply chain management to ensure maintenance of proper inventory levels.
- Assists in training or delegation of work to assigned staff.
- Minimum two (2) years of buyer or related experience or related equivalent education or (pharmacy dept only) minimum two (2) years of pharmacy technician or related pharmacy purchasing experience or related equivalent education.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, conflict resolution, decision making, customer service, interpersonal relations, influence, negotiation, oral communication, problem solving, teamwork, written communication, change management, organizational skills, and multi-tasking.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database PC applications.
- Supply chain management experience in health care industry or pharmaceutical as appropriate.
- Working knowledge of relevant laws and regulations.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.