Case Manager, Cardiology
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Assists in identifying, coordinating and evaluating administrative and operational activities of services required to respond effectively to patients medical needs. Acts as medical liaison between patient, community resources, and Cardiology medical staff. Provides continuity of care to patient by coordinating care and services needed in all settings in continuum of care. Monitors plan of care and provides ongoing communication with Cardiology health care providers. Problem solves and/or refers to supervisor operational issues as appropriate.
- Assists in identifying, coordinating and evaluating administrative and operational activities of services to effectively manage patients medical needs.
- Acts as medical liaison between patient, community resources and Cardiology medical staff. Provides continuity of care to patient by coordinating care and services needed within the continuum of care. Monitors plan of care and provides ongoing communication with all health care providers as needed.
- Monitors and evaluates outcomes of patient treatment. Devises individualized plans of care to insure completion of treatment as recommended by physician and/or other health care providers.
- Tracks and manages patients care and treatment including referral tracking, request for outside services from a facility and/or health provider utilizing available computer resources.
- Participates in problem solving and quality improvement monitoring to help develop, implement and evaluate department specific processes/policies.
- Assists and advises in development of standards, policies and procedures and educational tools for various patient treatments.
- Partners with physician chief and/or clinic supervisor in following up on issues requiring resolution. Updates physician chief and/or clinic supervisor regarding any issues/concerns as appropriate.
- Assists supervisor in maintaining daily operations and serves as resource to staff. Ensures training for ongoing formal and informal staff development needs.
- Assists with departmental nursing functions if operational needs require.
- Develops and implements plans/projects to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Monitors progress and reports to supervisor.
- Initiate and maintain practices and programs that strengthen the delivery of cardiac services.
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain clinical expertise, competency, and licensing necessary to fulfill job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the unit.
- Provides direct patient care on an as needed basis. Provides services that are within scope of license and in compliance with all legal, regulatory, and policy requirements relevant to clinical role performed.
- Incorporates the KP Nursing Vision, Model and Values throughout their Nursing Practice.
- Minimum two (2) years of direct patient care experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of case management or care coordination experience.
- Bachelors degree in nursing OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii) required at hire
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, oral communication, written communication, customer service, conflict resolution, influence, problem solving, decision making, teamwork, quality management, and systems thinking.
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC).
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database PC applications.
- Masters degree in public health, clinical nursing, or related field.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.