CD Clinical Educator, Honolulu, Perinatal
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Plans, develops, implements, coordinates, directs and evaluates a variety of activities and programs designed to optimize outcomes for patient care. Coordinates and supervises nursing standards of practice for patients and manages data reporting. Coordinates patient care activities and education of patients. Assumes joint responsibility for quality management program for assigned nursing areas and education and competency of nursing staff. Conducts nurse education/training classes.
- The primary job duties this position is responsible for achieving are listed in order of importance.
- Plans, develops, implements, coordinates, directs, and evaluates activities, programs, and processes designed to optimize care. Collaborates with health care teams in resource and quality management. Evaluates processes and systems and recommends and/or implements improvements.
- Assumes responsibility for staff education and clinical competency program for all levels of nursing staff.
- Corroborates with nursing managers to develop programs and patient and family education. Coordinates educational and professional development activities.
- Implements and maintains quality control standards. Shares joint responsibility for all quality management activities with nursing managers. Provides guidance and support for quality initiatives. Monitors and evaluates outcomes.
- Maintains responsibility for patient databases. Serves as data systems administrator for data program. Coordinates data processing for procedures. Performs data analysis and statistical reporting in collaboration with other health care providers, manages outcomes.
- Reviews policies and protocols related to care and management of patients. Recommends and implements changes as needed.
- Collaborates with other departments regarding issues and processes which affect patients. Represents nursing on behalf of assigned population.
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain clinical expertise, competency, and licensing necessary to fulfill job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the unit.
- Provides direct patient care on an as needed basis. Provides services that are within scope of license and in compliance with all legal, regulatory, and policy requirements relevant to clinical role performed.
- Incorporates the KP Nursing Vision, Model and Values throughout their Nursing Practice.
- Minimum three (3) years of nursing experience.
- Bachelors degree in nursing OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii)
- Demonstrates sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities in area of specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide care and/or service appropriate to age groups served.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.