Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Child Life AssistantLocation: Honolulu, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 808836 Date posted: 07/07/2019
- Organizes and conducts play activities for pediatric inpatients.
- Assists in minimizing stress and anxiety for child and adolescent. Provides supportive relationships to children and their families to meet psychological and developmental needs.
- Observes, identifies patient responses, changes in behavior or condition, and other critical information. Reports findings to child life specialist/coordinator and/or nursing staff. Communicates observations, facts and comments with interdisciplinary team members, individually, and through team meetings.
- Delegates tasks to assigned volunteers as needed. Meets patient care requirements and established schedules.
- Monitors and ensures proper sanitation and working condition of activity areas, toys, equipment and other materials.
- Assists Child Life Services with the Keiki Passenger Safety (KPS) and Reach Out and Read Programs (ROR).
- Minimum one (1) year of working with children in an educational environment or related experience.
- Associate's degree in early education, related field OR two (2) years of experience in a directly related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Child Passenger Safety Technician Certification (must obtain within one (1) year of hire).
- Knowledge of hospital and departmental procedures and operations.
- Ability to adapt care and treatment to reflect age specific needs, cultural values, personal needs, psychosocial needs, and religious beliefs of the patients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, planning, organization, creativity/innovation, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, written communication.
- Child Life Assistant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in early education or related field.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.