Clinical Nurse Specialist - Pediatrics (40 hours Honolulu) APRN
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Plans, develops, implements, evaluates, and coordinates wide variety of activities designed to optimize patient outcomes. Assumes collegial responsibility with leadership of Nursing, Medicine, and Support Services for a quality program. Assumes responsibility for evidence based nursing standards of practice. Leads nursing in research, quality initiatives, program planning, services, and projects in specialty. In collaboration with healthcare team, coordinates patient care activities and education related to specialty. Assumes joint responsibility with nursing leadership for education and competency of nursing staff in specialty.
- Performs in role of advanced practice registered nurse.
- Acts as liaison between patients, professional staff and other members of the healthcare team.
- Evaluates physical and psychosocial health status of patients through a health history, physical examination, or mental status examination, and using diagnostic results that are basic to nursing evaluation of physical and psychological signs and symptoms.
- Provides assessment and treatment recommendations, in coordination with the medical staff, for patients. Coordinates care and services needed in all settings for the continuum of care. Monitors plan of care and provides ongoing communication with providers as appropriate.
- Assesses normal and abnormal findings from history, physical and mental status examinations, and diagnostic reports.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates care of patients and groups of patients with complex needs in area of practice specialty.
- Consults, as needed, with members of health care teams concerning physiological, psychological, social, educational, and ethical issues in area of expertise.
- Teaches biological, pharmacologic, physical, socio-cultural, or psychological aspects of the patients or clients health care. Counsels clients, patients, families, or groups concerning problems related to health or well-being.
- Contributes to development, maintenance, and change of health care delivery systems to improve quality of health care services and consumer access to services.
- Initiates and maintains accurate records, appropriate legal documents, and other health and nursing care reports.
- Devises individualized treatment plan to insure completion of treatment as recommended by physician and/or other health care providers. Monitors and evaluates outcomes of recommended treatment plan. Provides patient education both on individual level and in form of community service presentations.
- Participates in problem solving and quality improvement monitoring to help develop, implement and evaluate department specific processes/policies. Assists and advises in development of standards, policies and procedures and educational tools for various patient treatments.
- Partners with physician chief as appropriate for specialty. Assists in leading service meetings. Follows-up on issues requiring resolution. Updates physician chief and/or department supervisor regarding any issues/concerns as appropriate.
- Serves as educational resource to medical and nursing staff. Provides formal in-services and ongoing informal training for staff development on assessment and care management modalities.
- Develops and implements plans/projects to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Monitors status and progress and reports to supervisor.
- Leads nursing in research, quality initiatives, program planning, services and projects in specialty, including, but not limited to outcome measurement development and data evaluation.
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain clinical expertise, competency, and licensing necessary to fulfill job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the unit.
- Provides direct patient care on an as needed basis. Provides services that are within scope of license and in compliance with all legal, regulatory, and policy requirements relevant to clinical role performed.
- Incorporates the KP Nursing Vision, Model and Values through out their Nursing Practice.
- Minimum two (2) years of direct patient care experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in specialty.
- Masters degree in nursing with specialty in gerontological, adult, family, medical surgical, acute care or related field.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse License (Hawaii)
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii) required at hire
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication, written communication, customer service, conflict resolution, problem solving, quality management, and systems thinking.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, multi-media presentations, spreadsheet, and database PC applications.