Supporting Total Health
Good nutrition is vital to supporting and maintaining total body wellness. Whether you're a registered dietitian, a nutritionist, or a food services professional, you'll promote our mission and spread good health through good nutrition when you join our team.
Cook ILocation: Honolulu, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 667208 Date posted: 04/06/2018
- Prepares & cooks, in large quantities, food for service to patients, guests, cafeteria & catering including scratch cooking from basic ingredients, garnished in an attractive manner.
- Coordinates room service trayline to ensure sufficient & proper food items are available during meal service.
- Participates in recipe development. Communicates to appropriate staff in an effective & team like manner.
- Follows recipes to prepare & cook food items.
- Modifies or converts recipes for different quantities, special diets, & other needs as directed by Mrg.
- Ensures proper quality & appearance of product according to established standards.
- Performs opening/closing of cooks & production area including daily equipment check & temperature monitoring. Contacts maintenance as needed & follows up to ensure proper food safety.
- Adheres to proper food handling, sanitation, & safety procedures per regulatory standards. Maintains appropriate temperature, adheres to appropriate dating, labeling & rotation of all food items.
- Documents Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) logs on a routine basis.
- Maintains organized food production area(s) for efficiency & cleanliness while maintaining an effective workflow.
- Coordinates food orders w/ the production team & assists the Food Service Aides as required which may include, but not limited to, checking incoming orders for quality, temperature & quantity.
- Stores leftovers according to established standards. Plan & utilize leftovers appropriately to minimize waste.
- Orders food supplies for cafeteria. Submits order to supervisor. Maintains food inventory.
- Receives, checks, & signs for foodstuff &/or issuing. Assist w/proper stock rotation of food supplies.
- Ensures hot food availability. Monitors food availability during cafeteria service hours, adjusts accordingly.
- Plans for daily, holiday & theme menus in collaboration w/supervisor.
- Ensures smooth operation of cafeteria services during absence of supervisor.
- Responsible for inventory of all food & supply items as assigned.
- Maintains cleanliness & sanitation of equipment, food storage & work areas.
- Completes cleaning according to daily & weekly schedules & dishwashing/pot washing as needed.
- Listens to customer complaints & suggestions. Facilitates improvement of service & food quality. Resolves complaints. Implements suggestions w/in parameter of position. Refers more complex concerns to supervisor.
- Instructs personnel in use & safety requirements of equipment as well as the cleaning/sanitation methods. Provides efficient & effective methods of maintaining work area. Assists w/ orienting new employees to their work area.
- Participates in &/or contributes to programs, committees, or projects designed to improve quality of service & employee productivity.
- Three (3) years of hospital, institutional, or restaurant cooking experience to include food preparation.
- High school diploma with post high school vocational training in basic institutional food preparation and cooking or equivalent combination of education (lesser) and experience may be considered in lieu of requirements.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current SERVSAFE certification or successful completion of a sanitation course within the past year.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in ability to follow and modify recipes for quantity and taste, ability to safely and effectively operate standard foodservice equipment, adaptability, decision making, customer service, oral communication, planning, problem solving, teamwork.
- Associate's degree in institutional food preparation with emphasis in health care.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Whether you're supporting the health of our members, employees, or communities, the work you do supports our proactive approach to health. Opportunities exist in outpatient and inpatient care, health education, menu planning, food preparation, and more. In many of these roles, you may find yourself counseling members and community groups on their nutritional practices and educating them on how the right diet can help prevent disease and promote health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.