Customer Service Representative 1
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Member Core: Facility Inquiry, Web Support, Promote KP.Org, Order ID Card, Complaint, ID Card Inquiry, Service Review. Member Adv.: Eligibility Inquiry, Benefit Inquiry, General, Complaint, Correspondence Inquiry, Add/Remove Dependent, Service Review, New Member Experience, Internal Regional Request, IVR Defaults. Medicare (For up to two (2) regions.). Premium Billing Enterprise: Billing Inquiry, Make Payment, Complaint, EFT Inquiry, General, Reinstatement Request, Service Review. KPC Billing, 1095 Tax Form, SLP* (escalations to Tier 3)
- Represents Health Plan by answering and documenting all incoming contacts to determine their nature and to respond to complex calls related to specialized product lines or queues. Responds professionally to inquiries from internal/external customers. Initiates contact with the appropriate Health Plan, medical group and facility personnel to obtain information relevant to the concern or inquiry as needed.
- Evaluates data to determine and implement the appropriate course of action to resolve the complaint and/or coordinate service recovery. Documents according to procedure. Follows established procedures to meet customer/member needs. Required to effectively interact with diverse work units and relevant organizational departments. Has substantial understanding of the assigned skills and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Able to understand relevant policies, processes and customers. Assist the department in meeting customer needs and reaching department expectations. Completes required training and understand how to use tools available to recall necessary information. Develop a full awareness of the way performance and actions affect members and Member Service Contact Centers (MSCC) performance guarantees (call handling, first call resolution, complaint resolution compliance, member retention, and return contact as warranted).
- Promotes, ensures and provides customer service to internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are consistent with the organizations philosophy of providing extraordinary customer relations and quality service. Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanentes Code of Conduct) by maintains the privacy and confidentiality of information and protects the assets of the organization.
- Performs other relevant duties as required.
- Two (2) years of customer service experience required or KP member-interacting experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must pass Classification Assessment.
- Must pass knowledge checks while in training.
- Minimum typing speed of 30 WPM (typing test must be current within one (1) year of the posting period.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of systems used within the MSCC.
- Able to read and respond briefly, clearly, and effectively.
- Able to think critically and problem solve.
- Note: This position required successful completion of credentialing process upon hire.
- Call Center experience.
- Health Insurance experience.