Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
General Maintenance TechnicianLocation: Honolulu, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 804607 Date posted: 08/12/2019
- Constructs, fabricates, installs, maintains or repairs non-contracted equipment, tools, buildings, machinery, or other facilities of organization; ensures proper and satisfactory operation and use; utilizes various skills (e.g. plumbing, mechanical pipefitting, welding, painting, electrical, sheet metal and masonry).
- Maintains necessary reports, data, and information pertaining to work performed, maintenance, repair or preventive maintenance situations.
- Repairs, maintains and operates control systems of advanced equipment assigned to General Maintenance Department (e.g. HVAC, electrical distribution, PTS, communications, medical gases and refrigeration); ensures proper system performance; performs more difficult and exacting tasks requiring considerable variety of skills and training.
- Collaborates with other general maintenance workers on various assignments.
- Trains other general maintenance workers in repair, inspection, testing, maintenance and operations of equipment to improve performance and skill.
- Follows established departmental safety guidelines/standards, including use of safety equipment (e.g. head, shoe and body cover, gloves, shield, respirator and proper tools); changes ethylene oxide tanks and other medical gases; performs gas leakage testing at each tank change and periodically thereafter.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
- Three (3) years of general maintenance or related experience.
- Post high school coursework at trade school; or equivalent combination of education (lesser) & experience may be considered in lieu of requirements.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid driver's license.
- Demonstrated skill in 2 trade crafts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in decision making, customer service, oral communication, problem solving, systems thinking, teamwork, and written communication.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration and alertness.
- Associate's degree in technical field.
- Advanced training in one or more trade disciplines (e.g. air conditioning/refrigeration, electrical and/or plumbing).
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.