General Maintenance Technician
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Constructs, fabricates, installs, maintains or repairs non-contracted equipment, tools, buildings, machinery, or other facilities of organization; ensures proper and satisfactory operation and use; utilizes various skills (e.g. plumbing, mechanical pipefitting, welding, painting, electrical, sheet metal and masonry).
- Maintains necessary reports, data, and information pertaining to work performed, maintenance, repair or preventive maintenance situations.
- Repairs, maintains and operates control systems of advanced equipment assigned to General Maintenance Department (e.g. HVAC, electrical distribution, PTS, communications, medical gases and refrigeration); ensures proper system performance; performs more difficult and exacting tasks requiring considerable variety of skills and training.
- Collaborates with other general maintenance workers on various assignments.
- Trains other general maintenance workers in repair, inspection, testing, maintenance and operations of equipment to improve performance and skill.
- Follows established departmental safety guidelines/standards, including use of safety equipment (e.g. head, shoe and body cover, gloves, shield, respirator and proper tools); changes ethylene oxide tanks and other medical gases; performs gas leakage testing at each tank change and periodically thereafter.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
- Three (3) years of general maintenance or related experience.
- Post high school coursework at trade school; or equivalent combination of education (lesser) & experience may be considered in lieu of requirements.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid driver's license.
- Demonstrated skill in 2 trade crafts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in decision making, customer service, oral communication, problem solving, systems thinking, teamwork, and written communication.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration and alertness.
- Associate's degree in technical field.
- Advanced training in one or more trade disciplines (e.g. air conditioning/refrigeration, electrical and/or plumbing).