General Maintenance Worker I
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Under indirect supervision, performs variety of fabrication, maintenance, repair and installation duties. Ensures adequate and suitable operation of equipment, machinery, tools and/or construction. Assists in training.
- Constructs, fabricates, installs, maintains or repairs non-contracted equipment, tools, buildings, machinery, or other facilities of organization. Ensures proper and satisfactory operation and use. Utilizes various skills (e.g., plumbing, mechanical pipefitting, welding, painting, electrical, sheet metal and masonry).
- Maintains necessary reports, data, and information pertaining to work performed, maintenance, repair or preventive maintenance situations.
- Collaborates with assigned subordinates on various assignments.
- Assists in training of other general maintenance workers and staff in repair, inspection, testing, maintenance and operations of equipment to improve performance and skill.
- Follows established departmental safety guidelines/standards, including use of safety equipment (e.g. head, shoe and body cover, gloves, shield, respirator and proper tools). Changes ethylene oxide tanks and other medical gases. Performs gas leakage testing at each tank change and periodically thereafter.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
- Two (2) years general maintenance or related experience.
- Post high school coursework at trade school; or equivalent combination of education (lesser)&experience may be considered in lieu of requirements.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid driver's license.
- Demonstrated skill in one trade craft.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, customer service, oral communication, problem solving, teamwork, and written communication.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration and alertness.
- Associate's degree in technical field.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.