Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Home Health AssistantLocation: Honolulu, HI Job Number: 882681 Date posted: 10/23/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Coordinates and implements paraprofessional services of Kaiser members. Recommends referrals to appropriate resources/agencies within Kaiser system and in community. Under direction of Registered Nurse and/or Physical, Speech or Occupational Therapist, provides nursing and personal care to patients in their homes, preventing hospitalizations, decreasing or preventing inappropriate ER visits. Monitors, educates, and collaborates with appropriate resources and agencies together with patients/caregivers and case managers in home setting. Networks and coordinates with Home Health multidisciplinary team to best meet needs of patient. Assists patient with prescribed home exercise program and is directly responsible to case manager.
- Provides direct nursing service and care to patients in their homes as delegated by home health Registered Nurse (RN) and/or physical/speech/occupational therapist (PT/ST/OT) and in compliance with plan of care, preventing hospitalizations and decreasing or preventing inappropriate ER visits. Assists with or provides personal care appropriately and safely to patient as assigned by RN or physical/speech/occupational therapist. Assists patients to carry out their prescribed therapeutic regimen under direction of RN and/or PT/ST/OT. Provides simple household chore services essential to healthcare at home as assigned. Understands and applies universal infection control procedures. Maintains clean, safe and healthy environment for patients assigned to his/her care. Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as required.
- Observes and documents patient status and care/service furnished. Understands elements of body function and changes in body function that must be reported to RN or PT/ST/OT, and reports these in timely manner (licensed personnel may report directly to patient's physician). Prepares clinical progress notes that use descriptive, objective and quantified information to measure and evaluate patient outcomes. Demonstrates knowledge of emergency procedures and retains CPR certification. Recognizes and handles emergency situations as directed until help arrives.
- Educates patients and caregivers in appropriate self-care techniques. Participates in multidisciplinary team conferences. Attends continuing education and in-service training programs to keep current of skills and patient care techniques/needs. Assists social workers and nurses with case disposition and supports professional developed plan of care.
- Maintains productivity levels outlined by Home Health Manager/Director. Participates in performance improvement activities. Assists with developments and implementation of department's workplan. Performs clinical records audit.
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain clinical expertise, competency, and licensing necessary to fulfill job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the unit.
- Provides direct patient care on an as needed basis. Provides services that are within scope of license and in compliance with all legal, regulatory, and policy requirements relevant to clinical role performed.
- Incorporates the KP Nursing Vision, Model and Values throughout their Nursing Practice.
- Minimum one (1) year of community health and geriatric nursing experience.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare field with home care aide/nurse aide certification or graduate from approved course in practical nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid Hawaii LPN license (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure) or Valid Hawaii Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) certification (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure).
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Employed in community health service to geriatric population within last 24 consecutive months.
- Acute care or skilled nursing care facility experience.
- Home healthcare experience.
- Inter-relationship with home health care/agency (shared population).
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!