Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Hospital AideLocation: Honolulu, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 756307 Date posted: 12/13/2018
- Assists with ongoing data collection; identifies changes in patient status and reports changes to RN/LPN; implements care plan under direction of licensed staff.
- Assists with admissions, discharges, and transfers.
- Demonstrates technical competence in basic nursing skills and use of simple equipment.
- Demonstrates basic competencies to work on specialty unit.
- Records data and nursing care activities in medical record following Department/Unit/JCAHO standards.
- Utilizes Department and Unit forms per procedures.
- Functions with awareness of and applies safety principles and standards, including patient, environment and employee issues.
- Utilizes correct body mechanics.
- Reports incidents, work related injuries, unsafe equipment or environment to supervisor or other appropriate person.
- Functions with awareness of and applies infection control principles and standards, including patient, environment and employee issues.
- Functions within parameters of job description.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient/hospital information.
- Reports off when leaving Unit.
- Reports pertinent patient data and problem to licensed staff, charge nurse or supervisor.
- Remains calm in emergency patient care/Unit situations; follows established protocols.
- Assists as directed during Code 500 (Chest compression and runner to lab).
- Practices within Hospital, Department and Unit standards/policies/procedures.
- Locates and uses Facility and Hospital manuals, and other reference manuals/books when necessary.
- Completes mandatory JCAHO inservices annually.
- Completes CPR recertification of 24 months - Level C.
- Attends at least three Unit Staff Meetings.
- Reads/signs minutes of Staff Meetings not attended.
- Seeks guidance, direction or supervision when unsure of procedures/actions needed.
- Participates in peer evaluation when requested by supervisor.
- Demonstrates sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities in area of specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide care and/or service appropriate to age groups served.
- Demonstrates knowledge skills, and abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
- Experience or successful completion of training program (pre-hire, post-hire, or on-the-job) in area of specialty, if applicable.
- Hospital Aide Training Program or documented completion of equivalent military training course; or equivalent combination of
education (lesser) and experience may be considered in lieu of requirements.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication, written communication, interpersonal relations, and customer service.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g., organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration, and alertness.
- One (1) year Hospital Aide experience preferred.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.