Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Housekeeping AideLocation: Honolulu, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 769428 Date posted: 02/07/2019
- Sweeps, mops, washes, strips/scrubs, refinishes floor; cleans and/or polishes floor using buffing machine.
- Vacuums, spot-cleans, shampoos and/or extracts carpets when assigned.
- Collects, bags, transports and disposes or refuse and hazardous/infectious waste in sanitary and safe manner.
- Sorts and stores recyclable as instructed.
- Cleans and disinfects all surfaces, using ladder when necessary (e.g. furniture, fixtures, glass, walls, ceilings, tops of windows, doorframes, equipment).
- Washes and disinfects sinks, toilets and other plumbing fixtures; replaces disposable (e.g. paper towels, soap, toilet paper).
- Cleans and prepares discharge units; makes beds; reports availability of bed/unit upon completion.
- Uses detergents, disinfectants, finishes and other cleaning chemicals according to manufacturer's directions.
- Moves furniture, beds, supplies and other equipment.
- Informs supervisor of supplies needed; notifies supervisor of equipment and facilities in need of repair.
- Maintains basic records and reports as required; maintains personal appearance; maintains neat and orderly work area.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, customer service, and teamwork.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration, and alertness.
- Three (3) months work experience.
- High school diploma.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.