Supporting Total Health
Good nutrition is vital to supporting and maintaining total body wellness. Whether you're a registered dietitian, a nutritionist, or a food services professional, you'll promote our mission and spread good health through good nutrition when you join our team.
Kitchen HelperLocation: Honolulu, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 747767 Date posted: 11/08/2018
- Follows proper food handling, sanitation and safety procedures.
- Assembles patient/guest meal trays and/or snacks and nourishment. Loads trays in carts. Delivers meals to patients following established procedures and customer service guidelines and returns soiled dishware, assisting in the dish room as needed.
- Inventories and prepares food items for display in the cafeteria. Serves customer. Restocks with utensils, food and beverages. Cleans serving and dining areas as assigned.
- Maintains supplies and rotates floor stock with items in an orderly manner, completing all necessary documentation.
- Prepares, assembles, and dispenses food and supplies for catered events.
- Collects, scrapes, washes, cleans, dries, stacks and stores trays, pots, pans, dishes, utensils, bowls and cooking equipment by hand or machine.
- Assists with cleaning/sanitizing, following proper sanitation guidelines/procedures, for the following areas/items: kitchen, dispensing, storage or dining equipment, tables, racks, freezers, carts and cupboards. Disposes of waste, garbage or other litter.
- Assists with receiving deliveries and stocking food/items.
- Six (6) months of food service experience within the past two (2) years AND/OR completed post high school nutrition related course within the past two (2) years.
- High school diploma; or equivalent combination of education (lesser) and experience may be considered in lieu of requirements.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, customer service, customer service, teamwork, oral and written communication, and ability to operate standard foodservice kitchen appliances.
- Effectively communication with co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking, understanding English.
- Orienting team members, giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing, accuracy), concentration, and alertness.
- Food service experience in health care environment preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Whether you're supporting the health of our members, employees, or communities, the work you do supports our proactive approach to health. Opportunities exist in outpatient and inpatient care, health education, menu planning, food preparation, and more. In many of these roles, you may find yourself counseling members and community groups on their nutritional practices and educating them on how the right diet can help prevent disease and promote health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.