The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
LPN - Clinic I / II (Meds)Location: Honolulu, HI Additional Locations:
Hawaii Kai Medical Offices 6700 Kalanianaole Hwy., 6700 Kalanianaole Hwy. Ste. 111, Honolulu,Hawaii, 96825
Hospital/Medical Offices 3288 Moanalua Rd., 3288 Moanalua Rd., Honolulu,Hawaii, 96819
Kahuku Medical Offices 56-700 Kamehameha Hwy., 56-700 Kamehameha Hwy., Kahuku,Hawaii, 96731
Kailua Medical Offices 201 Hamakua Dr., 201 Hamakua Dr., Kailua,Hawaii, 96734
Kapolei Medical Offices 599 Farrington Hwy., 599 Farrington Hwy., Kapolei,Hawaii, 96707
Koolau Medical Offices 45-602 Kamehameha Hwy., 45-602 Kamehameha Hwy., Kaneohe,Hawaii, 96744
Mapunapuna Medical Offices 2828 Pa'a St., 2828 Pa'a St., Honolulu,Hawaii, 96819
Nanaikeola Medical Offices 87-2116 Farrington Hwy., 87-2116 Farrington Hwy., Waianae,Hawaii, 96792
Waipio Medical Offices 94-1480 Moaniani St., 94-1480 Moaniani St., Waipahu,Hawaii, 96797 Job Number: 719601 Date posted: 08/11/2018
- Reviews and prepares medical records for assigned patients; initiates follow-up for medical record as requested; reviews patients- needs; identifies and prepares orders for needs of patient for authorization by practitioner and may accept verbal orders per policy; observes, collects, and documents new information on patient; informs RN or practitioners regarding incomplete data, new observation or abnormal/unusual data
- Demonstrates and applies competency in basic nursing skills and use of equipment; maintains current knowledge and skills needed to perform position; attends and participates in staff meetings as needed; participates in projects as requested
- Assigns basic nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel as appropriate and according to department/unit standards; provides clear directions; acts as resource person to unlicensed staff; follows-up on assigned care to ensure it is given per standards, policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines
- Follows discharge plan developed by Physician or RN; processes and/or follows-up with referrals as directed by practitioners; provides instruction and pre-printed information to patients as directed by RN and/or Practitioners, observes and documents patient/family response to instructions and reports any concerns
- Provides educational materials to patients and reviews printed instructions with patients; collaborates with RN to revise teaching plan when needed
- Implements basic nursing procedures per plan of care; administers treatments and medications as prescribed practitioner; performs point of care testing as authorized; provides laboratory, x-ray and other reports to practitioner for review; notifies patients of normal results as directed by practitioner; considers special needs of different age groups when providing care; sets priorities of care based on acuity of patients
- Additional essential functions as listed in the complete job description
Additional for Licensed Practical Nurse - Clinic I:
- Orients and serves as a resource to LPN Clinic/Meds II and unlicensed personnel as needed; demonstrates and instructs other team members in use of vendor specific products and /or department/unit standards and procedures
- Valid Hawaii LPN License (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure).
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone
- Reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English
- Training/giving and receiving instructions
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration, and alertness
- Previous nursing experience.
- Previous clinic experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing and spreadsheet PC applications.
Additional for Licensed Practical Nurse - Clinic I:
- Acute care nursing experience.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.