Material Customer Service Associate
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Advises customers to develop and maintain appropriate inventory minimum and maximum target levels; assists customer with materiel inventory needs which may include research
- Ensures that established replenishment cycle results in most accurate, timely, and efficient delivery of supplies to customers
- Develops and maintains effective physical organization of storerooms and storage areas that respects Program and regulatory agency standards
- Rotates dated items appropriately
- Advises customers to eliminate non-standard supply items from inventory
- Acts as liaison for customers for national product standards
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service with variety of internal and external customers
- Acts as effective resource and liaison for Materiel Services
- Provides reliable, useful product information to customers
- Identifies and devises action plans to enhance utilization of goods and services
- Functions effectively as adjunct medical office team member while advocating prudent application of national and divisional Materiel Services and financial control standards.
- Assists training for health care team members and Materiel Services staff members on Materiel Services practices
- Provides information to health care team members and Materiel Services staff members on Materiel Services practices
- Effectively manages and resolves emergency situations, such as stock outages and equipment failures
- Edits requisitions and confers with issuing department regarding requirements, specifications, quantity and quality of merchandise and delivery schedules; places orders by utilizing materiel computer system
- Carries out necessary follow-ups and expediting activities to insure proper delivery schedules
- Keeps management informed of problem areas and takes constructive corrective action
- Insures proper inventory levels are maintained
- Interprets inventory printouts; provides information, projections and recommendations for purchase standardization, quality, amounts or equivalency
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned
- One (1) year experience in material services or purchasing.
- High School Diploma; or equivalent combination of education (lesser) & experience may be considered in lieu of requirements.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication, written communication, customer service, interpersonal relations, teamwork, conflict resolution, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and inventory management information systems PC applications.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g., organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration and alertness.
- Some experience or exposure to the healthcare industry, including basic knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare supplies.
- Associate's degree in business administration, hospital administration, or economics.
- Certification in material management (e.g., APICS or PMA).