Supporting Total Health
Good nutrition is vital to supporting and maintaining total body wellness. Whether you're a registered dietitian, a nutritionist, or a food services professional, you'll promote our mission and spread good health through good nutrition when you join our team.
Nutrition AssistantLocation: Honolulu, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 770543 Date posted: 02/13/2019
Ensures timely delivery of patient meals. Checks patient meal trays for accuracy, quality and compliance with diet order. Monitors and enforces employee compliance to established procedures, standards and timelines. Maintains records and reports. Assists with directing staff to ensure a smooth operation.
- Expedites patient meal trays during Room Service (RS) line checking for accuracy, quality and compliance with diet order compliance and maintaining critical timing requirements.
- Assists with quality assurance oversight of food quality during final tray assembly. Ensures timely delivery of meals within established delivery times.
- As required, inventories, orders, receives and inspects foods and food service supplies. Communicates quality issues with vendor, caterer and/or supervisor.
- Prepares and processes bank deposits. Balances monies, checks, and credit card charge drafts daily against cash jacket report and/or transaction reports. Reconciles and resolves any discrepancies and reports to manager as appropriate. Logs deposits for pick up. Compiles data and information for monthly financial reports.
- Orders bank deposit supplies for cashiering area. Orders and maintains change fund.
- Assists with orienting and training new dietary employees.
- Adjusts schedules based on daily operational needs.
- Performs test tray evaluations with Registered Dietitians and management staff to assure patient safety and quality control improvement efforts.
- Provide direct leadership and guidance of tray line and dish room personnel when food items and service ware needs arise on RS Line in absence of leadership.
- Assists with monitoring and enforcing established procedures and standards for food production, food service, sanitation, safety and security to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Reports necessary equipment repair to maintenance or appropriate staff.
- Serves as a resource to ensure smooth food service and diet office operations, including overall food service operations and serving appropriate foods for patients on special diets. Resolves problems with patient meals or nourishments via patient visitation, consulting with nursing staff and/or follow up with dietitian.
- Maintains effective written and verbal communication inter- and intra-departmentally.
- Assists and conduct in-service education/training and staff competency assessments. In the absence of leadership, oversees Foodservice staff. Monitors day to day operations and communicates with manager.
- Acquires knowledge to maintain standards for food service and technical dietetic practice. Attends professional workshops, seminars and lectures to maintain professional registration/certification.
- Minimum one (1) year of foodservice experience in health care setting.
- Bachelor's degree in dietetics or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field OR Certified dietary manager.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Current SERVSAFE Food Handler certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication, written communication, interpersonal relations, customer service and teamwork.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheets and database PC applications.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English.
- Orienting team members, giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability to calculate weights and measures/volumes, attention to detail (e.g., organization, prioritization, proofing, accuracy), concentration, and alertness.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in an acute care hospital.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Registered Dietetic Technician (DTR) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Whether you're supporting the health of our members, employees, or communities, the work you do supports our proactive approach to health. Opportunities exist in outpatient and inpatient care, health education, menu planning, food preparation, and more. In many of these roles, you may find yourself counseling members and community groups on their nutritional practices and educating them on how the right diet can help prevent disease and promote health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.