Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Obstetrics TechnicianLocation: Honolulu, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 779943 Date posted: 03/22/2019
- Takes and records vital signs in patient chart (e.g., temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, weight)
- Assists in collection, labeling and proper disposal of specimens as directed by standard procedure
- Assists with patient transport and positioning as directed
- Takes messages; runs errands; answers patient call lights and notifies nurse as directed
- Provides and removes bedpans; measures and records output as directed
- Provides perineal care (e.g. cleaning) as directed
- Tests collected urine specimens for sugar, ketones and albumin
- Assists with labeling and transport of drawn lab work and collected specimens per established protocol
- Prepares self and immediate area for surgical procedure; ensures cleanliness and orderliness of the operating room area
- Inspects equipment and supplies prior to use to ensure availability and readiness, according to surgeon's preference
- Performs surgical preps as indicated per protocol for specific procedure. assists with medication identification and labeling at sterile field under oversight of nurse
- Observes and reports use of instruments, sponges, and needles on operative field to surgeon or surgical team; inventories other supplies and instruments throughout surgery; verifies correctness of supply and needle count prior to closure of procedure; documents count on operative record
- Assists surgeon by performing variety of tasks (e.g., draping patients, holding retractors, passing instruments, applying surgical dressings, suctioning and sponging surgical wounds, holding extremities, moving patients) as directed
- Counts instruments, needles and sponges with registered nurse according to procedure
- Decontaminates equipment, instruments and supplies as necessary; assists in cleaning rooms, furniture and equipment according to established procedures
- Additional essential functions as listed in the complete job description
- Completion of an accredited Surgical Technology training program
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification
- Demonstrated work knowledge of surgical instrumentation, infection control, sterilization and decontamination equipment and techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change management, decision making, customer service, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, system thinking, teamwork, initiative, detail-orientation and written communication
- Three months of labor and delivery experience
- Post high school or training coursework
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) by the Association of Surgical Technologists (AST)
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.