Occupational Therapist Home Health - 20 hr benefitedHonolulu, Hawaii
A critical member of our health care delivery team, KP Care at Home (KPCAH) clinicians help our members when they are at their most vulnerable. In this role, you’ll practice positive, compassionate care — working efficiently and safely. You’ll have the chance to immediately apply learnings to patient treatment while offering solutions to issues instead of contributing to issues. Our clinicians embody the KPCAH vision of providing world-class, high-quality care and support in the comfort of a familiar environment. This is an opportunity to show that you’re an effective healer, a highly adaptable team player, and an individual of impeccable integrity.
- Job Type: Part-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
We’re looking for Care at Home clinicians who possess the following traits.
- Team Player
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Vacation, Holiday & Sick Leave
Health & Wellness Programs
Our values, who we are and what we stand for, are represented by three core pillars:
Commitment – We are deeply committed to our members, their health, dignity, safety, and their choice to receive care and support in their home.
Compassion – We provide compassionate care to our patients who need services, are recovering, or have chosen to age with dignity in their home.
Comfort – We take seriously our responsibility to comfort our patients and support their caregivers to safeguard the quality of life of our patients.
When you join our KPCAH clinician team, you’ll have many paths open to you to grow your skills and your career. Here are just a few:
- If you have an aptitude for training colleagues, you could grow into a role as a preceptor and eventually as a Staff Educator.
- If you’re interested in project management, performance improvement, or operational oversight, you could pursue opportunities as a Regional Consultant, Clinical Supervisor, or Quality Coordinator.
- If you have subject matter expertise in specialty care areas such as Wound Care and Telehealth, you could elevate your practice and share your expertise as a Regional Practice Leader.
- We aim to grow our clinicians to be leaders in their field. As such, we offer ongoing opportunities for specialized training and certifications that include, but are not limited to, Wound Treatment Associate (WTA) Certification, Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) Certification, Lean Six Sigma Certification through Kaiser Permanente’s Improvement Advisor Program.
What our Employees Say
“I started my nursing career in 2010, at the time I did not know anything about hospice or palliative care. I can tell you now that working as a hospice nurse has been one of the best decisions I have made in my life — I wouldn’t change it in a million years. I have been very blessed to be able to care for my patients and family members throughout these difficult times during the end-of-life process. As a hospice nurse, I appreciate that being able to treat them as family is something that aligns with the Kaiser Permanente core values.”
“It’s humbling to be able to work with people during some of their toughest days. Being a home health physical therapist for Kaiser Permanente gives me opportunities to connect with members and their family to improve their mobility. It is a rewarding experience to be able to help someone improve their overall health at home.”
“I’m proud to assist patients in a unique setting within Kaiser Permanente health care — at a patient’s home. I can work with them in their own environment to address their specific needs during their physical rehabilitation. Being a part of Kaiser Permanente’s home care rehab team that delivers the highest quality care and compassion is an honor and I look forward to the rest of my career here.”
PT, San Diego
“I love being a part of the dedicated team at KP Care at Home. We’re a home health agency that exemplifies the high-quality care our communities deserve. We pride ourselves on extending Kaiser Permanente's incredible care into the home and to optimize recovery in one's comfortable surroundings. As a caring and compassionate person, KP Care at Home has supported me in being the best for my patients.”
“Having been in health care for over 17 years in the home care setting, one thing that stands out in working for KP Care at Home is the ability to grow within the team. I love being able to hone in and master your skills and building such a great support system with colleagues. Teamwork is what makes an entity function like a well-oiled machine, and I’m proud to say that we have that in this team.”
Occupational Therapist Home Health - 20 hr benefited
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provides occupational therapy evaluation, management, and treatment services to patients referred by physician departments. Provides services in a manner that is consistent with the departments mission statement and responsive to unique needs of customers including favorable clinical outcomes, quality of service and access, and fiscal accountability.
- Evaluates patients, families and home environment on admission to home health and subsequent home visits.
- Determines if home environment is safe and appropriate for provision of home health services.
- Demonstrates ability to interpret data about patients status.
- Assesses patients physical, functional and psychosocial status.
- Identifies problems accurately.
- Establishes reasonable/measurable goals.
- Develops and/or revises an appropriate plan of care.
- Communicates and coordinates plan of care with physician, patient, caregivers, and other health care providers.
- Implements care, as ordered.
- Determines whether other services such as nursing, PT, SLP, HCA or MSW are indicated.
- Establishes discharge planning in conjunction with the care planning process.
- Provides occupational therapy services as prescribed by patients physician and in compliance with Kaiser Permanente Home Health Agency standards, policies and procedures.
- Evaluates patient response to interventions.
- Recognizes and interprets significant physiological and behavioral changes in patients condition.
- Modifies/updates/changes plan of care when indicated by patients condition and/or physicians orders.
- Determines in conjunction with physician, when patient care needs to be shifted to another setting, e.g., hospital, clinic, emergency department, out-patient rehab, etc., and/or patient denial of home health, if warranted.
- Provides case management, as caseload assigned.
- Coordinates all necessary services to be provided to patients. Integrates all services into plan of care.
- Documents according to Home Health standards, Federal and State regulations.
- Maintains medication profile (as case manager) for all medications patient is taking.
- Documents communication in care planning/coordination.
- Assures the medical record is accurate, legible and complete.
- Completes accurate daily visit log.
- Submits documentation in timelines specified by Home Health standards, Federal and State regulations.
- Supervises care provided by Home Care Aide (HCA) and Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA).
- Reevaluates patient per Home Health standards; performs and documents supervisory visits.
- Understands and applies infection control procedures.
- Maintains clean and safe environment for patient care supplies and/or equipment.
- Demonstrates evidence of professional growth through active participation in the following: patient conferences, chart audits, meetings, in-services, research and teaching, continuing education courses, staff orientation and training, and clinical preceptorships with students and volunteers.
- Exercises positive listening and communication skills.
- Serves as team player and role model for other employees in Organization.
- Conducts oneself in service-oriented manner that is attentive, cooperative, and respectful when dealing with members, visitors, public and all employees.
- Demonstrates critical thinking such as problem solving, reflective practice, clinical reasoning, prioritizing.
- Participates in performance improvement.
- Identifies and presents improvement opportunities to the organization and implements the Quality Improvement process(es).
- Assists with development and implementation of departments work plan.
- Maintains productivity levels per the home health standards.
- Prepares weekly schedule of patient visits and keeps Intake Coordinator apprised of schedule changes and openings for admissions and/or other added visits.
- Follows all applicable laws, rules and recommendations for safe driving while on duty.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide care and/or service appropriate to populations served.
- Minimum two (2) years of occupational therapy experience.
- Bachelors degree in occupational therapy or four (4) years of equivalent experience.
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy Occupational Therapist Certificate OR American Occupational Therapy Association Occupational Therapist Certificate
- Occupational Therapist License (Hawaii)
- Drivers License (in location where applicable)
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Ability to physically access variety of terrain and assist patients/caregivers in performing functional tasks and therapeutic exercises.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in interpersonal relations, oral communication, written communication, customer service, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing and spreadsheet PC applications.
- Minimum three (3) years of home health care experience.
- Masters degree in occupational therapy.
· Required to travel Island wide and work weekends and holidays as needed.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
More from Kaiser Permanente
The care our communities need, in the comfort of their homes
Across Southern California and Hawaii, we're proud to bring many types of clinical care right to our members. From surgery recovery or managing a chronic illness, our teams offer thoughtful, patient-centric care.
The basics of home-based palliative care
Learn more about the care our teams provide for patients with progressive or terminal illnesses in the comfort of their own homes. With the goal of providing comfort and quality of life, we offer support for patients and caregivers.
Providing home health care
We provide high-quality care to members who are homebound and need a nurse or a therapist. We strive to help our members get healthier, stay comfortable, and live as independently as possible in their homes and communities.
Providing hospice care
Our hospice team provides care to members who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness. This can include phsyical, emotional, and spiritual comfort, and helping relieve symptoms such as pain and nausea.
Advanced medical care at home
This innovative solution offers an alternative for members with certain acute care needs that require hospitalization. For three to four days our teams monitor each patient's progress closely and provide the support they need for a smooth recovery.
Standing strong for healthy communities
Every day, we use every tool at our disposal to reach far into our communities and expand affordable coverage and quality care. This could include tailoring care to the needs of the most vulnerable, or ensuring our schools support healthy eating and physical activity.
Providing comfortable, extraordinary support
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.