Provide Critical Support
Our company doesn't run without our administrative professionals. Come join a team where you will utilize your strengths and have the opportunity for personal growth, empowering you to realize your potential.
OR Services Coordination ClerkLocation: Honolulu, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 778780 Date posted: 03/13/2019
Under indirect supervision, performs office duties & minor administrative duties. Supports & maintains automated OR management system. Enters data pertaining to scheduling, inventory, patient data, charging & statistical reporting. Provides training & orientation to staff regarding use of system. Acts as resource person. Produces hard copy reports, policies, & procedures, correspondence, & special reports. Supports compliance & Principles of Responsibility. Maintains confidentiality. Protects organizational assets. Exhibits ethics & integrity. Adheres to applicable federal & state laws & regulations, accreditation & licensing requirements, policies & procedures. Reports &/or resolves issues of non-compliance.
- Verifies & inputs data in Management System to meet scheduling, case log, implant records & patient billing functions
- Assists in data collection. Enters data to ensure accurate report generation (e.g., staff, block utilization, specialty statistics)
- Acts as liaison between other departments requiring information from system. Assists in coordination of resource information with other departments to ensure needed supplies &/or resources available on timely basis for surgical procedures
- Controls & monitors OR inventory. Orders & receives stock, non-stock & special orders
- Provides training, orientation & overall education regarding system & other departmental routines to assigned staff members
- Monitors others use of system to ensure accuracy of data input & patient & report confidentiality. Limits access of system by others as directed
- Assists in implementation & coordination of yearly physical & perpetual inventory requirements. Uses inventory control system to ensure accuracy of inventory information & pricing
- Produces hard copy reports, correspondence & special reports. Documents policies & procedures
- Assists supervisor in preparation of special projects or presentations. Performs research as required. Assembles presentation materials as needed
- Establishes & maintains OR library, filing & reference manuals, catalogs & other related literature
- Performs all associated clerical & scheduling duties as required &/or assigned. Posts schedules. Distributes to appropriate departments
- Operates standard office equipment
- Maintains staff records, schedules, & credentialing information. Maintains confidentiality of staff information system & associated reports. Posts & updates staff schedules as required
- Develops & creates user-defined reports to demonstrate utilization statistics concerning OR time, block utilization, physician usage, case & procedural information
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, & abilities necessary to provide care &/or service appropriate to age groups served
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, & abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care &/or service
- On regular, sustained basis, cooperates with other staff members both within & outside department in accomplishment of own job duties as well as assisting others in accomplishing theirs. Serves as team player & role model for other employees in organization, always exhibiting traits of courtesy, caring, helpfulness & respect. Conducts self in service-oriented manner that is attentive, pleasant, cooperative, sensitive, respectful & kind when dealing with members, visitors, public & all employees
- Performs other duties & accepts responsibility as assigned
- Additional essential functions as listed in the complete job description
- High school diploma
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, customer service, oral communication, teamwork, and written communication
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database PC applications
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone
- Reading, writing, speaking, understanding English
- Training/giving and receiving instructions
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g., organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration, and alertness
- One year of clerical office, reception or related experience
- Post high school coursework in secretarial science, business and/or computer science
- Knowledge of OR scheduling and department operations
- Knowledge of medical terminology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
From greeting callers and visitors and answering questions to coordinating schedules and arranging meetings, our administrative, clerical, and support teams consistently demonstrate extraordinary knowledge, skills, and abilities. They provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, our members, purchasers, contracted providers, and vendors.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.