Palliative Care Social Worker - LSW - LCSW - HonoluluHonolulu, Hawaii
Mental health is an essential component of total health. As mental health professionals, we’re on the front lines every day, using the latest advances to help those in need. If you share our passion for care and our commitment to helping those around us, you’ll have the resources you need to make a real difference. Our services include adult and child therapy as well as help with addiction and eating disorders.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
These are the traits of the most successful members of our behavioral health team.
- Good listener
- Results driven
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Vacation, Holiday & Sick Leave
Supportive Teams & Resources
NOTE: Benefits may vary based on your Kaiser Permanente region, position, scheduled hours, and representation by collective bargaining or employee groups. *Offerings vary by location.
We offer a mental health environment that's unique both in the way we treat our patients and in the way we support our health care professionals. Here, we practice evidence-based care in a team setting that’s focused on the needs of the individual, the family and the population as a whole. This gives your patients the opportunity to work towards achieving their physical, mental, and behavioral health goals. On our teams, we hold social justice as a shared value and are committed to addressing and eliminating stigma associated with mental health and addiction. Working as part of a team also helps support your own career growth while you provide high-quality strengths-based, brief, solution-focused, and episodic mental health care.
What Our Employees Say
Psychiatric Social Worker
“Kaiser Permanente has been an excellent platform for me to grow as a professional. The organization has demonstrated its commitment to the continued growth of its employees through the training it offers and encourages. I’ve always resonated with the organization’s integrated approach to health care, and its recognition of how essential good mental health is to a person’s overall well-being.”
Licensed Certified Social Worker
“I would recommend and do recommend working for Kaiser Permanente. It’s a professional, clean, friendly, fast-paced environment and there is a real trust and respect for clinical staff no matter what role we serve. I love feeling valued and heard and am thankful to have found an environment that provides that.”
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
“This is the best place to work because of the commitment to the total health of our members, the work/life balance, the possibilities to use clinical skills in a variety of capacities within the organization and opportunities for personal and professional growth. As employees of Kaiser Permanente, we all have a voice and are encouraged to use it.”
Clinical Program Manager
“At Kaiser Permanente, I have opportunities to learn and work in a professional setting with people who are passionate about patient care. I love my career as a therapist and now as a manager! I really enjoy helping others and learning new interventions and modalities. These ensure my personal and professional growth.”
“Kaiser Permanente is a health care leader who sets trends and makes a difference in industry practices and protocols. I like the extraordinary resources available to do my job, the servant leadership of my manager and director, and the high standard of business and clinical ethics.”
PsyD, Clinical Psychologist
“We’re an innovative, vision-forward company. While Integrative-Care models are relatively new, we’ve been on the frontlines of building out a high-functioning integrated team for over a decade. Within this model of care, we’re pushed to think out of the box when it comes to patient care, be collaborative, and succeed in a fast-paced environment.”
PhD, Licensed Certified Social Worker – Clinical
“Kaiser Permanente demonstrates its commitment to their employees’, has a top-notch salary and compensation package, and has a leadership body that is well trained and supportive. As a Clinician and a Manager, I am very impressed with our commitment to quality outcomes. I have truly found a home here and would be honored for Kaiser Permanente to be my last professional stop in my career.”
PsyD, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Psych Social Worker
“Kaiser Permanente, in my opinion, is a great mix of professional, friendly and fast-paced. They allow me to be who I am and let me have a voice. I love being a therapist and I’m very proud and excited about the Gender Assessments and transgender group work being conducted. I’m helping the LGBT community and making this population feel comfortable throughout their care journey. Kaiser Permanente is a breath of fresh air to me in my work.”
“I appreciate how Kaiser Permanente strives to reflect inclusivity and representation throughout the organization. I’m excited about an internal clinic comprised of African American clinicians dedicated to supporting the health needs of the African diaspora. I’m proud to be part of committees that intentionally promote equity, inclusion and diversity. These things combined with the benefits, opportunities and people make Kaiser Permanente a great place to work.”
Palliative Care Social Worker - LSW - LCSW - Honolulu
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Serves as an integral member of a self-directed interdisciplinary palliative care team. Provides comprehensive psychosocial assessments, coordination and implantation of age appropriate social work services to meet the complex needs of patients/families/significant others in the hospital and ambulatory settings. The primary focus of the Palliative Care social worker is to assist patients and families/caregivers in coping with intense and difficult social, emotional, and practical arrangements related to patients serious illness. The social worker encourages respect for individuality, independence, and patient choice, while collaborating on policies and systems that respect the cultural, religious, and ethnic difference among patients and families. Social work contributes to the teams understanding of team development and working together, as well as understanding the patients beliefs, behaviors, and barriers regarding the members illness.
- Professional behavior supporting regional, facility, and department policies, procedures, goals, and values. Activities include assessment and coordination of physical, psychosocial, cultural, and spiritual needs of patients who are appropriate for palliative consultation/care.
- Participates in interdisciplinary care planning and provides services in accordance with established individualized palliative care team plan of care, including care coordination, resources for grief and anticipatory grief, and other community resources.
- Assists in interdisciplinary team to increase efficiency, productivity, and ongoing development of Palliative Care Consult Team role throughout the Hawaii region.
- Assures professional competency through maintaining working knowledge of current social work practice, available community services, member benefits, resources, and regulatory standards. Selects and attends education programs to keep current in area of practice. Conducts social work consultation and resource development. Maintains educational record and provides evidence of competency.
- Participants in quality improvement and utilization management activities as requested, such as clinical record review, occurrence reporting, focused studies, process, and outcome measurement.
- Documents according to program standards, Federal, and State regulations. Assures medical record documentation.
- Participates in program functions such as staff meetings, staff-in services, and committees, as assigned. Participates in orientation of new personnel.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in health care setting.
- Masters degree in Social Work.
- Licensed Social Worker (Hawaii) OR Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Hawaii)
- Basic Life Support within 0.5 months of hire from American Heart Association
- Must be willing to obtain specialty training in Palliative Care.
- Experience with interdisciplinary team function.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, the psychosocial impact of serious illnesses.
- Demonstrated ability to interrelate with physicians, nurses, support staff, and patients.
- Familiar with care processes and systems in settings internal and external to Kaiser Permanente.
- Knowledge of the principles of patient teaching and delegation, care planning, and appropriate utilization of acute hospital, long term care, and home care resources.
- Demonstrates customer-focused service skills.
- Knowledge of community resources, family dynamics, and the dying process.
- Keyboarding or typing skills.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
More From Kaiser Permanente
Careers in Mental Health
Join a team that helps empower our members to achieve all of their physical, mental, and behavioral health goals. Learn more about our culture, programs, and opportunities.
Mental Health Training Programs
Comprehensive programs where more than 200 mental health trainees can work and learn in communities across Northern California.
Mental Health at Kaiser Permanente
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.