Pathology Assistant- MOHS - Sign on Bonus Eligible
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Performs and assists in performance of surgical and necropsy examinations. Lays out instruments, prepares remains and performs initial preparation of tissues for study. Handles and maintains accurate identification of various specimens; maintains condition of equipment and clean work area.
- Assists in preparation and performance of post-mortem examinations. Performs surgical specimen examinations, dissection, gross description and dictation. Dictates description of procedure. Photographs body, organs, and other specimens; maintains photographic index. Arranges and coordinates patient's chart and other pertinent data for review with Pathologist. Assists in SNOP coding of surgical and necropsy diagnosis and specimens; helps maintain files of SNOP codes.
- Ensures proper authorization and release of body. Ascertains proper and legal authorization for necropsy; in case of error or question, initiates procedure to obtain proper authorization. Assures proper restoration of body for acceptable release to funeral director; indicates any biohazards such as contagious diseases or radioactive implants which may be present.
- Prepares and stores tissue. Assists with processing, assessing, and identification of same; obtains specimens for analysis.
- Maintains clean, orderly work area and ensures proper maintenance of instruments and equipment. Orders adequate inventory of supplies, materials and equipment.
- Instructs and trains assigned personnel, e.g., medical students, medical technicians and technologists, etc., in designated areas of expertise.
Sing On Bonus Eligible
• Minimum one (1) year pathology assistant experience.
• Associate's degree in laboratory science or medical laboratory technology; or 60 semester hours to include 24 semester hours and laboratory training following CLIA requirements.
License, Certification, Registration
• Demonstrated analytic and diagnostic reasoning skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database PC applications.
• Minimum six (6) months of experience under direct training of certified pathologist.
• Completion of training and experience in histology.
• Certified Pathologists' Assistant (PA) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP).
• Preparing histological tissue samples and slides.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest