Pharmacy Technician Outpatient FT MoanaluaHonolulu, Hawaii
As part of the pharmacy team with Kaiser Permanente, you’ll learn and grow as you help make a difference in the lives of everyone in our communities. Whether you’re working with patients, partnering with physicians, or collaborating with colleagues, you’ll play a key role in an information-rich environment. One where your development will be supported and your skills will be challenged as you work at the top of your license. If you want to explore opportunities beyond your role, we provide a wide array of professional growth opportunities to help our pharmacy team advance their skills and careers. If you believe in the continued pursuit of excellence, there’s no better place to put your beliefs into practice.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
- Pay Range: $25.17 - $26.57 / hour
We’re looking for Pharmacy team members who possess the following traits.
- Team Player
- Results Driven
We offer several benefits to our pharmacy team.
Health Care Benefits
Vacation, Holiday & Sick Leave
Labor Management Partnership
As part of the Kaiser Permanente pharmacy team, you’ll collaborate with other team members and physicians to continually evolve and enhance patient care. You can also take advantage of our electronic medical record systems and our integrated technology platforms. It’s a unique opportunity to drive the future of care for all while leveraging your expertise to improve the total health of our members.
What Our People Are Saying
Outpatient Pharmacy Operations Manager
“I’ve felt real support every step of the way throughout my pharmacy career. I would not be the pharmacist I am today if I was not empowered to practice kindness and compassion, and be allowed to be me. I feel blessed to have been a part of this organization for the past 16 years.”
Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Supervisor
“I have had multiple growth opportunities at Kaiser Permanente. I started as a Summer Youth intern, then I worked as an Apothecary Circle intern. After that, I received two years of pharmacy residency training here. I’ve always been supported with substantial resources like tuition reimbursement, business resource groups, as well as coaching and mentorship programs.”
Director, Inpatient Pharmacy Services
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because of its presence in our communities. We acknowledge, support, cultivate, and nourish the body, soul, and spirit of each patient, employee, and community member. I wanted to be a part of such a phenomenal organization.”
Manager, Mail Order Call Center
“They encouraged me to work outside of my comfort zone. Now, I’m on a career path I would have never expected. I enjoyed my pathway to get here and it’s been a challenge. It really helped me grow as a person and as an employee. Kaiser Permanente supported me to be the manager I am today.”
“I joined Kaiser Permanente as a young mother with a family. I knew this was a stable company with great pay and benefits, and many opportunities to grow. I’ve always experienced flexibility and growth and we’re encouraged to serve our communities and to have a work-life balance.”
“When you join Kaiser Permanente, you have access to a wealth of experience in the health care industry. You’ll learn about more than medications. You’ll gain experience in customer service, data entry, and other valuable areas. I enjoy supporting our pharmacists and ensuring my patients receive the medications they need.”
Pharmacy Technician Outpatient FT Moanalua
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Performs variety of semi-technical and clerical duties. Fills, packages and provides medication. Restocks to fixed levels and compounds or repackages following established policies, practices, procedures or specific instructions and within Federal and State statutes and regulations. Performs cashiering duties such as collection of cash, check, or credit card payments for all collectible services.
- Greets patients, members and other health care personnel in caring, helpful manner and initiates service transactions using proper forms and process.
- Refers all inquiries or issues regarding patient-care/consultation to pharmacist.
- By typing or computer entry, Inputs patient and prescription information to produce labels and to assist in prescription filling process.
- Matches prescriptions with labels. Selects proper drug and quantity to be dispensed, fills container, applies labels and presents completed product to pharmacist for checking.
- (May perform in hospital setting) As trained or qualified, Prepares adequate supply of medication for unit dose distribution.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Processes Clinic and Hospital Drug Requisitions. Receives, fills drug and medical supply requests. Checks stock levels per schedule. Removes outdated goods and replenishes to fixed levels.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Fills and updates unit dose cassettes per determined supply.
- Assists with and/or provides medication (checked by pharmacist), OTC product, or supplies to correct patient in helpful and caring manner. Refers all consultation function to pharmacist. Collects money if needed.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Picks-up and delivers medications and supplies to designated areas or persons per schedule (e.g. unit dose exchange, control substance, floor stock).
- Calculates price for prescriptions or order. Sells non-prescription drugs. Collects cash, check, or credit card payments for all collectible services. Verifies information is accurate on all checks. Assures valid authorization is received for all credit card payments. Validates checks and credit slips and issues receipts accordingly.
- Balances monies, checks, and credit card charge documents daily against cash register receipts. Reconciles any discrepancy. Prepares bank deposit.
- Gathers and computes data and information for variety of needs pertaining to health plan, non-plan, special and routine reports, studies, and statistics as necessary.
- Maintains accurate OTC charge schedules and price lists, adjusts changes.
- Orders routine bank supplies for cashiering area. Assures all equipment in cashiering area is operating in acceptable manner. Advises supervisor of any malfunctions and/or Reports same to appropriate service company.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Maintains appropriate level of drugs and supplies for operations.
- Orders, receives, stores, returns, credits, and discards drugs and supplies.
- Packs, compounds, reconstitutes, and distributes inventory for issue, transfer or dispensing.
- Files prescriptions and any transaction document of pharmacy operations timely and appropriately.
- Accepts responsibility for resolving immediate problems and accomplishing assigned tasks and reporting irregularities.
- Inspects and maintains work area and equipment in organized, clean, safe, and efficient working condition.
- Observes and complies with departments policies and procedures and organizations house rules such as but not limited to safety, attendance, proper attire, and continuing education.
- Coordinates and answers incoming phone calls. Handles or directs call to appropriate individuals.
- Previous pharmacy experience required or in a pharmacy technician training program.
- High school diploma or equivalent related experience.
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate
- Demonstrated ability to safely handle and/or prepare compounds such as chemotherapeutic agents, biologicals or other medications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability customer service, oral communication, multi-tasking, teamwork, and written communication.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database PC applications.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration, and alertness.
- Completion of Pharmacy technician training program.
- Post high school coursework training.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
More from Kaiser Permanente
Honored for excellence 12 years in a row
See why we earned our 12th Pharmacy Quality Alliance Laura Cranston Excellence in Quality Award for high achievement in medication safety and appropriate use
Mail-order pharmacy honored
We're proud to share that J.D. Power ranked our mail-order pharmacy as highest in the segment — ahead of our closest competitors. Along with satisfying our customers, we're also a great place to work.
Working at Kaiser Permanente
We're more than 305,000 dedicated professionals working together to deliver a healthier tomorrow. With the wellness of our patients and our communities at heart, we're revolutionizing care.
Working together for our patients
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.