Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Pharmacy TechnicianLocation: Honolulu, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 634154 Date posted: 10/11/2017
Performs variety of semi-technical and clerical duties. Fills, packages and provides medication. Restocks to fixed levels and compounds or repackages following established policies, practices, procedures or specific instructions and within Federal and State statutes and regulations. Performs cashiering duties such as collection of cash, check, or credit card payments for all collectible services.
- Greets patients, members and other health care personnel in caring, helpful manner and initiates service transactions using proper forms and process.
- Refers all inquiries or issues regarding patient-care/consultation to pharmacist.
- By typing or computer entry, Inputs patient and prescription information to produce labels and to assist in prescription filling process.
- Matches prescriptions with labels. Selects proper drug and quantity to be dispensed, fills container, applies labels and presents completed product to pharmacist for checking.
- (May perform in hospital setting) As trained or qualified, Prepares adequate supply of medication for unit dose distribution.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Processes Clinic and Hospital Drug Requisitions. Receives, fills drug and medical supply requests. Checks stock levels per schedule. Removes outdated goods and replenishes to fixed levels.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Fills and updates unit dose cassettes per determined supply.
- Assists with and/or provides medication (checked by pharmacist), OTC product, or supplies to correct patient in helpful and caring manner. Refers all consultation function to pharmacist. Collects money if needed.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Picks-up and delivers medications and supplies to designated areas or persons per schedule (e.g. unit dose exchange, control substance, floor stock).
- Calculates price for prescriptions or order. Sells non-prescription drugs. Collects cash, check, or credit card payments for all collectible services. Verifies information is accurate on all checks. Assures valid authorization is received for all credit card payments. Validates checks and credit slips and issues receipts accordingly.
- Balances monies, checks, and credit card charge documents daily against cash register receipts. Reconciles any discrepancy. Prepares bank deposit.
- Gathers and computes data and information for variety of needs pertaining to health plan, non-plan, special and routine reports, studies, and statistics as necessary.
- Maintains accurate OTC charge schedules and price lists, adjusts changes.
- Orders routine bank supplies for cashiering area. Assures all equipment in cashiering area is operating in acceptable manner. Advises supervisor of any malfunctions and/or Reports same to appropriate service company.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Maintains appropriate level of drugs and supplies for operations.
- Orders, receives, stores, returns, credits, and discards drugs and supplies.
- Files prescriptions and any transaction document of pharmacy operations timely and appropriately.
- Accepts responsibility for resolving immediate problems and accomplishing assigned tasks and reporting irregularities.
- Inspects and maintains work area and equipment in organized, clean, safe, and efficient working condition.
- Observes and complies with department's policies and procedures and organization's house rules such as but not limited to safety, attendance, proper attire, and continuing education.
- Coordinates and answers incoming phone calls. Handles or directs call to appropriate individuals.
- Two (2) years (4,160 hours) pharmacy technician trainee or related experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent related experience..
License, Certification, Registration
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
- Demonstrated ability to safely handle and/or prepare compounds such as chemotherapeutic agents, biologicals or other medications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability customer service, oral communication, multi-tasking, teamwork, and written communication.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database PC applications.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration, and alertness.
- Completion of Pharmacy technician training program.
- Post high school coursework training.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.