Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Revenue Cycle Business Analyst SeniorLocation: Honolulu, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 769464 Date posted: 02/10/2019
Responsible for analytical and reporting support for business owners including but not limited to Director Revenue Cycle, Regional CFO, Controller and other Senior Leaders. Facilitates the collection, analysis and reporting of key financial data supporting the Revenue Cycle Business Objectives. Executes variety of supervisory and management activities pertaining to business practices. Promotes quality and continuous improvement. Coordinates standardization of business practices throughout Region. Directs activities of Business Services inpatient staff and Patient Accounting Representatives. Implements organization policies and recommends changes as needed.
- Ensures impartial consideration of all information in developing decision alternatives.
- Ensures analysis and studies are performed as requested; develops methodology and processes to set priorities for project scheduling; monitors implementation.
- Develops, designs, plans, facilitates, and coordinates use of management decision-making tools, monitoring tools, decision support models and work process analysis in operations and improvements.
- Communicates effectively through written reports, graphical representations, and oral presentations to leadership.
- Interprets both internal and external data for decision making; provides decision support and analysis to leadership.
- Recommends process to conduct, analyze, and uncover root causes to issues; applies knowledge of findings to solve problems.
- Leads teams through problem assessment phase to implementation of solutions; facilitates meetings as needed.
- Collaborates with other key analysts to ensure integration and alignment.
- Provides education, training to other analysts of process improvement; mentors and coaches other analysts.
- Acts as a role model for teamwork among the other analysts; promotes strong relationships, trusts, morale and cooperation among team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge in area of regulatory billing requirements by CMS, Medicaid and other Payors.
- Minimum five (5) years of revenue cycle, health care insurance claims processing and health care operations analyst or related experience.
- Project management or lead experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, systems, planning, health care administration, public health administration, or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues, collection, analysis, and interpretation of data.
- Broad knowledge of revenue cycle operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in decision making, customer service, group presentations, group process facilitation, influence, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, project management, quality management, results orientation, systems thinking, team building, teamwork, and written communication.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, multimedia presentations, spreadsheet, and database PC applications.
- Communicating with co-workers, customers, and outside vendors.
- Training, giving and receiving instructions.
Mathematical ability, attention to detail, concentration and alertness.
- Healthcare operations experience.
- Ability to conceptualize processes across entire organization.
- Healthcare claims processing.
- Knowledge of EPIC physician and hospital billing applications.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.