Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Senior BuyerLocation: Honolulu, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 859182 Date posted: 01/13/2020
- Develops, establishes, and maintains vendor performance criteria, bidding requirements, and procedures. Evaluates and selects vendors
- Initiates and oversees vendor certification program; informs vendors of performance criteria and status of selection decisions; negotiates terms and conditions of contracts and ensures vendor agreement
- Develops reporting mechanisms to capture vendor performance, product usage, non-standard product processing, and total process performance; develops and establishes customer surveys to capture customer satisfaction and recommendations for changes; negotiates improvements in vendor performance
- Maintains and provides a list of certified vendors
- Facilitates resolution of requests requiring special handling (e.g., urgent requests, wrong product, wrong amount, short shipped, pricing errors); recommends appropriate alternatives and options to customers and facilitates borrowing from other hospitals and vendors
- Collaborates with regional teams in product evaluation; maintains current knowledge of available technology
- Facilitates planning of overall inventory levels
- Analyzes and interprets inventory activity reports to assist in forecasting and projections
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned
- Two years of materials procurement or related experience or related equivalent education
- Two years of contract negotiation experience
- Two years of experience working with vendors and internal customers
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, sales, marketing, or related field or related equivalent experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, conflict resolution, decision making, customer service, interpersonal relations, influence, negotiation, oral communication, problem solving, teamwork, written communication, change management, organizational skills, and multi-tasking
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database PC applications
- Two years product management experience in healthcare industry
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.