Imaging & Radiology
Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Senior Diagnostic Cardiac SonographerLocation: Honolulu, HI Job Number: 917200 Date posted: 11/10/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Obtains, measures, calculates, and records echocardiogram study.
- Selects transducer angulation.
- Searches for cardiac pathology.
- Reviews, screens, and measures echocardiography data notifying cardiologist of critical abnormalities.
- Performs echocardiography studies on outpatients and inpatients according to level of expertise/experience of sonographer.
- Maintains cardio-pulmonary resuscitation certification and functions as performer, recorder, or circulator in Code 500 situations.
- Examines, cleans and maintains ultrasound equipment.
- Ensures adequate stock of supplies.
- Schedules patients for examinations.
- Performs other varied clerical tasks such as typing, filing, and photocopying.
- Orients and trains new hire diagnostic cardiac sonographers to conduct various echocardiography tests.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in adult or pediatric echocardiography, including experience or successful completion of training program (pre-hire, post-hire, or on-the-job) in area of specialty, if applicable.
- Successful completion of accredited (CAAHEP/CMA approved or equivalent) ultrasound/vascular technology education program specializing in echocardiography; or equivalent related experience.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) in Adult Echocardiography by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in customer service, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, teamwork and written communication.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.