Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Partner with Sales and Account Management to create and execute a business plan that optimizes our opportunities across book of business.
- Produce accurate quotes in compliance with Underwriting & authority guidelines and state & federal laws for existing and prospective business.
- Develop and execute account and/or book of business plans to ensure attainment of goals with more focus on complex cases.
- Lead peer review including the most complex cases to ensure accuracy & appropriateness of quote.
- Manage business processes and policies that support for all job levels particularly in areas of rate actions, benefit structure, customer engagements, etc.
- Meets established department turn around goals by balancing deadlines.
- Recommend and implement new and existing policies, procedures, and methodology.
- Recommend and implement continuous quality improvement programs.
- Strategize with internal customers on implications of decisions on business outcomes.
- Ensure Underwriting is an integral partner in the creation of effective business solutions.
- Establish relationships with Sales/Account Management that optimizes business potential with purchasers, brokers & consultants.
- Develop creative solutions that increase credibility with customers & Sales/Account Management and external customers.
- Acquire & exhibit knowledge of the external business environment to add value.
- Minimum four (4) years experience in rating, underwriting, marketplace evaluations, and/or financial analysis in a managed care environment.
- Bachelors degree required in business administration, health care administration, mathematics, statistics, or related degree OR four (4) years of experience in rating, underwriting, marketplace evaluations, and/or financial analysis in a managed care environment.
License, Certification, Registration:
- Experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Experienced in meeting individual business objectives.
- Previous experience with employee group benefits.
- Demonstrated customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to highly complex issues.
- Proficiency and understanding of underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills.
- Experience in Large Group Underwriting.
- Five (5) years quantitative analysis experience.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.