Staff Nurse - ICU - Cardiac Surgery Unit
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provides nursing care and services to patients/families. Provides direction to licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and nursing assistive personnel. Delegates nursing care according to legal and regulatory guidelines/statutes and organizational policies. Utilizes reasonable judgment in carrying out prescribed medical orders of a practitioner. Functions as primary nurse/total patient caregiver. Serves as resource nurse. Acts as preceptor and takes charge duties as assigned.
- Practices professional nursing and delegates nursing tasks to nursing assistive personnel and provides direction to the LPN as appropriate.
- Utilizes nursing process to deliver care.
- Performs any nursing task requiring nursing knowledge, judgment, and skill.
- Administers medications.
- Teaches LPNs and nursing assistive personnel special tasks of nursing care.
- Verifies staff competency to perform special tasks of nursing care as appropriate.
- Is responsible and accountable for quality of nursing rendered and adequacy of nursing care provided when special tasks are delegated to nursing assistive personnel.
- Functions as primary nurse/total patient caregiver.
- Serves as resource nurse and acts as preceptor.
- Takes charge duties as assigned.
- Incorporates the KP Vision, Model and Values through out their Nursing Practice.
- Performs administrative and other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain clinical expertise, competency and licensing necessary to fulfill job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the unit.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii)
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 12 months of hire from American Heart Association
- For Ambulatory Treatment Center nurses - peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC) line certification within one (1) year of hire and maintained thereafter.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change management, decision making, detail oriented, customer service, influence, interpersonal relations, oral communication, prioritization, problem solving, quality management, results orientation, system thinking, teamwork, time management, written communication competencies.
- Inpatient Specialty Areas: Only departments in the Pediatrics, Mother Baby, NICU, Labor & Delivery, Operating Room, Emergency, Intensive Care, Hospital Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Ambulatory Treatment, Clinical Decision Unit, Diagnostic Imaging, Oncology - One (1) year experience in area of specialty or completion of formal course in area of specialty within established timeframe.
- Ambulatory Specialty Areas: Cardiology, Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology, Population Management - One (1) year experience in area of specialty or completion of formal course in area of specialty within established timeframe.
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- One (1) year experience or completion of formal course in area of specialty.
- Coursework in basic EKG.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.