Wound Ostomy Continence, RN FT Home Health - Clinics Days
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The CWOCN provides quality, cost-effective management of inpatients in the Hawaii-Region who are at risk or have complex wound, ostomy, and continence care needs. Upon referral from physicians and other healthcare providers the CWOCN assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient care. The CWOCN provides expert consultation, coordination of services and education for patients and families and the healthcare team to achieve optimal patient care and adequate staff knowledge of wound and ostomy care. The major clinical focus of this position is the hospital.
- Wound, Ostomy, Continence Care: Assesses, examines, counsels, and determines treatment for prevention and healing of wounds, ostomy and continence care. Determines and orders appropriate topical products, compression therapy, sharp debridement, referrals to specialty providers, and labs and x-rays based on established Certified Wound/Ostomy/Continence Nurse standards of care within scope of practice. Organizes and plans patients ostomy care and rehabilitation through assessment, examination, pre-and post-operative teaching, counseling and recommending treatment and product use. Acts as an expert resource for staff and utilizes knowledge in clinical areas of practice.
- Consults with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers in hospital & clinic, regarding wound, ostomy, and continence management for individual patients; recommends treatment modalities to promote healing, contain drainage, and promote skin integrity. Partners with Health Care Team to establish patient goals and unit development needs.
- Consults with local materials management, pharmacy, reception staff regarding issues related to the delivery of effective wound/ostomy/continence care. Works with outside vendors and represents organization in a professional manner. Serves as the Hawaii representative to the KP national wound care committees.
- Wound and Ostomy Care Education and Consultation: Consults with home health, utilization reviewer, and primary care clinicians regarding appropriate clinical wound, ostomy and continence care and utilization for home care. Provides formal education of nursing, medical, and other healthcare staff regarding wound and ostomy management. Actively participates/leads committees/task forces as needed. Educates team on financial implications of supply and equipment usage. Develops state-of-the-art protocols, staff and patient written resources in collaboration with other KP CWOCNs,
- Quality Management/Utilization: Participates in quality management/improvement activities in the Hawaii Region as appropriate, including occurrence reporting, focused studies, process and outcome measurement and continuous quality improvement projects. Consults with DME, Materials Management regarding optimum use of supplies and equipment. Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team, including team meetings and case conferences. Supports Quality management plans at the UBT level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years of nursing experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of medical/surgical nursing experience in home care, long-term care, hospital, or clinic setting.
- Bachelors degree in nursing, or a RN license with a baccalaureate degree in another discipline.
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii)
- Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse Certificate within 6 months of hire
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Thorough knowledge of current wound, ostomy, continence nursing practice.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory.
- Thorough knowledge of universal infection control.
- Vascular assessment, including Doppler measurement of arterial flow.
- Sharp instrument wound debridement.
- Group presentation skills to facilitate provision of in-service training.
- Ability to complete concise, thorough clinical documentation of patient assessments and care.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary team as a consultant and direct care provider.
- Demonstration of customer-focused service skills.
- Ability to proficiently operate personal computer.
- Working knowledge of quality management and resource utilization methodologies.
- Minimum two (2) years of CWOCN experience in home health, acute care, or clinic.
- Work experience at Kaiser Permanente.
- Experience as public speaker.
- Working knowledge of Kaiser Permanente.
- Knowledge of Medicare and TJC requirements
- Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, digital photography.
- Master of Science in Nursing degree.
• Required to travel and cover patients island wide in person or virtually as well in clinics- Oahu and Neighbor Islands.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.