Biomedical Engineer II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Works independently to repair all types of biomedical instrumentation in the MAS region. Assignment may include anywhere from two to seven medical facilities. Analyzes and corrects equipment malfunctions to include: observation of front panel indicators; interpretation of block and schematic diagrams; utilization of appropriate test equipment; replacement of components, PC boards, or subsystems as appropriate.
- Performs Preventive maintenance inspections. Verifies, calibrates, and certifies proper operation of all biomedical equipment in assigned facilities. Restores equipment to manufacturers' specifications. Works with clinical personnel to correct operator based problems. Uses knowledge and experience to test and maintain biomedical instrumentation not having specific maintenance procedures.
- Receives new equipment/systems and coordinates assembly/installation. Performs initial electrical safety inspections and assurance testing. Provides or helps coordinate in-service training. Inventories and completes documentation for entry into automated Maintenance Management Systems.
- Performs miscellaneous duties in support of the Biomedical Maintenance Program including, but not limited to: project management; IT integration planning and implementation; technology assessment; property accountability; incident reporting; supply management; maintenance of shop operations; capital review; on-call & emergency services, etc.
- Employs sound computer skills to complete job. Uses word processing, spreadsheets, databases and similar programs to enhance job performance.
- Ensures compliance with all federal/state/local rules and regulations and all applicable policies and procedures governing Kaiser Permanente, National Facilities Services, and Biomedical Engineering operations. Assists in developing and maintaining a comprehensive and cost-effective Medical Equipment Management Program to comply with same.